Hosted by Rowan Baylis
New 1/48 Do 217N-2 conversion !
MIKEP
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 03:07 PM UTC
Hi all, Newbie here to the Froum. Thought I would let all who have not yet heard, that Mike West of Lone Star Models is finishing up the final details on his new 1/48 Do 217N-2 resin conversion.
The Monogram 1/48 Do 217E bomber kit will need to be used as a donor kit for the conversion.
The resin conversion will consist of upper/lower fairings ( which replaced the gun stations on the N-2), one-piece cast DB603 engines, new nose, new interior and new tail brake chute used on some N-2's.
This conversion is not to be confused with the KOSTER N-1 vac conversion as the N-2 was quite different.
This one of those sets that many have been wanting for years and it is refreshing to finally see a manufacturer tackle this version.
Hope this is new "/news" to some of you on the forum.
Look forward to talking to all you folks.
MikeP
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 07:18 PM UTC
Hi Mike!

Welcome to Armorama... especially in the Aircraft Forum!
Thanks for sharing those informations with us... do you have any pictures? Like I always say, I'm not curious I just want to know! :-)

See you in the forums!

Jean-Luc
MIKEP
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 07:31 PM UTC
Hi Jean -Luc, Well I do have some pre-production test shots and a few of a finished N-2 if you would like to email me at [email protected] I wiould be more than happy to share them with you.... as I still have to figure out how to post pics here on the forum.
MikeP
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 07:45 PM UTC
I've actually been wanting to do an N-2! i was happy to put it off since my stash is already large enough, but i may have to rethink that now...
MIKEP
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC
Hey Vance, Well I've seen the preproduction resin parts and they are very well done.
The DB 603 engines are great looking and are a one piece affair. The rest of the resin parts are simply put..awsome!
Mike West does some very, very good resin stuff....and this conversion set will rank as one of his best.
So if you have been thinking about doin an N-2 ...I'd say the wait is over.
Bet it sells very well.
MIKEP
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2006 - 11:44 PM UTC
Hi again!

Here are the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 01:57 AM UTC
thanks for posting the pics!

so i guess there is also some photo etch for the radar (I hope)?

any idea when this is going to be publically available?
MIKEP
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 05:36 PM UTC
Hi Vance, Well first let me clarify for all the photo's that Jean-Luc was nice enough to post for me.
The photo of the N-2 conversion parts is a "pre-production" test shot.
Many of the items have since been modified.
The DB603 engines and nose section which in the photo are shown as two piece items are now a one piece affair. The lower fuselage fairing was also originally a two piece item and now has also been made into a one piece casting with a lip along the top circumference which will alow the Monogram Do 217 fuselage to mate to the fairing.
The interior is also being completely redone to accuratly reflect an N-2.
As it stands at the moment... the conversion does not have any FuG 202 antenna..that may change...but as it is now, one will have to sorce these out.
The second photo of a completed 1/48 Do 217N-2 is by my good friend George Tenediotis who is indeed a master modeler.
I included this shot of his great model to show folks what an N-2 looks like.
George's model does not have any of the new conversion parts as he scatch built most of this kit along with a few parts from the Koster N-1 conversion...a truely awsome job.
As far as when the kit will become available..my guess, sometime this summer..as Mike finishes up the conversion, I will try to post shots of the finished parts..so please stay tuned.
Mike P.
Brutalos
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 09:18 AM UTC
Hey guys!! I was looking for this set and could not find any way to get a hold on to it!! [email protected] Does not work either... Can anyone help me regarding this set?!

Thanks in advance!!
 _GOTOTOP