_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
P 47D´s Thunderbolts (Down ...) 2nd entry Upd
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
AeroScale: 1,040 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 01:03 PM UTC
Hi all:
Here are some pics as the project it´s today. I begun with the decaling. The Areroscale decals run very well, no problem and they react fantastic with Microsol, no silvering at all.
I´ve started with the armament. The pilons were not a good fit. Also I´m dealing with the prop.
Coments will be appreciated

Previous posts:

https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/98987&page=1
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 - 01:25 PM UTC
Carlos,

Very nice P-47. Personally I like this one better than your other entry. I'm not sure why. The other one is great as well, but this one seems to have that extra something. Good job!

-Derek
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 05:15 AM UTC
Hi Derek:

Thank you for the kind words.
Maybe it´s the scale, this one is bigger and has more details and personally I can work better in 1/48 than in 1/72. Also I think that the colours of this one are more vivid, the contrast between the green and the red nose is great.
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 05:34 AM UTC
Looking good Carlos!
The Wolfpack is being very well represented in the Down Low Campaign
A very clean build,and I particularly like the paint chipping.Are you going to add some more?
What colour did you use for the underside? I was having a closer look at the decal sheet,,(must get a 1:72 copy), and it states nmf for the underside of the version your building.
Keep posting pics
Nige
csch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 06:21 AM UTC
Hi Nigel:

Thank you I´m really putting a lot of time in this one.
The chipped is real chipped paint. I scraped the green paint with a toothpick to let show the NMF that I gave first. No, I will not add more, the bird is coated with Future and I´m decaling.
The undersides are painted with Aluminium Buffing Metalizer (Model Master Enamel)
I have some more work to do with the armament (bombs, rocket launchers) and I´ll add the machine guns made of metal tubing. This weekend I´ll cut the metal tube with my Dremel.
Regards.
Carlos
 _GOTOTOP