Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/48 Fujimi Hellcat F6F-5 Canopy?
Deerbill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 45 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 02:30 PM UTC
Need some help! I'm a armor guy mainly, but on occasion will do an aircraft. Was looking at all of my models and decided to finish my Hellcat. Its pretty crappy.

My question, does anyone make a replacement canopy for it that would fit? The kit canopy is terrible. The engine is not much better and lacks detail. It almost doesn't look like its worth any effort, but I hate to leave any kit unbuilt. Plus, I've already psych'd myself up to do it. Any help would be
appreciated.

alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2007 - 11:26 PM UTC
Hi Bill

Well, if you do not like it .. give it away .. I do not know the kit, but the early Fujimis (e.g. the Fw190) can be pretty bad. Why not give it to a beginner to slam it together and try some battle damage with an air gun or firecrackers?

If you want a cheap alternative: get the Otaki kit. AFAIK it is pretty accurate and sells for a few bucks ( the cockpit is pretty empty though). Then there is the Hasegawa which has some shape problems at the cowling, but is not a bad kit ... or wait for the Eduard kit to appear aroud the end of the year.

If you really want to build the Fujimi. try Squadron or Falcon vacu canopies .. I am not sure if there are some designed for the Fujimi, but surely for the Otaki or Hasegawa kit.

HTH

cheers

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP