_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Next Early Aviation Campaign
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 08:16 AM UTC
Bloody April is almost over. So what will be the next early aviation campaign? Any Suggestions? I already have a campaign going on the tank side, so I am not looking to lead one.

My two cents worth...
1. Big scale WWI. I would tike to do one of MvRs lesser known Tripes.
2. Anybody ever think of doing a balsa kit, highly modified to be accurate rather than flyable? That will challenge some of your skills.
3. Flying Circus
4. A-typical Camo jobs
5. Albatros Only

ciao
Kriegshund
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 108 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 10:46 AM UTC
Hi Carl, have a look here. This should help you out.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 05:07 PM UTC
Hi Carl and Tony!

So far nothing has been decided for the next early aviation group build... other that there will be one!

So any Campaign suggestion is welcomed. My opinion is that the rules should not be too complicated and allow a maximum of participants, even people who never built a WW1 aircraft. But Stephen Lawson (Jackflash) will have the final word on the matter.

Jean-Luc
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 08:03 PM UTC
Actually for the second half of 2007 we are planning another Early Bird Contest. I would like to open it up to any kit but it depends on who supplies the awards this year. Eduard really was generous last year.

The current Air Campaign was chosen by and voted on by some 25 people but we only had several participants. Next time the goals offered for members to choose and vote on are going to be simpler. The problem was that people voted but didn't sign up. We want it easy for more people to join in.
 _GOTOTOP