_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
How To Make Helicopter Flying?
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 11:49 AM UTC
How would I go about making my Super Jolly Green hover above the jungle while winching the survivor up. I want it to be a thick jungle. So maybe that helps.

Thanks!

-Chip
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 12:30 PM UTC
You're going to have to find a hidden place to attach a rod to the chopper and attach that to the base without letting the rod show. One option is a boxed dio where the attachment is behind the chopper out of the restricted view of the observer. The other will be to have the chopper actually in contact with the foliage. a real tall canopy and a dangerous place to be flying and the foliage is going to be being pushed mihtily away by the downdraft of those big rotors. The winch is out because the attcahment point is too weak on the fuselage. Likewise the minigun's flash.
Good luck.
slodder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
AeroScale: 305 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 - 03:27 PM UTC
I agree with Al the winch is out - too delicate.
If you use a larger clear plastic rod coming up out of the base in back. It would come up to the mid point of the helo. Then a perpendicular rod from the clear rod to the helo holding it up.
If you want to go with extra effort you could build a vertical back drop out of plywood. Cover the back drop in a poster type photo of a back drop of jungle. Then from that go with a rod parallel to the floor to hold the helo. This option may 'force' perspective and 'hide' the elevating apparatus.
 _GOTOTOP