_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Minicraft/Hasagawa F-16A
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
AeroScale: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 23, 2007 - 10:45 AM UTC
Hi There,

I was given the 1/32nd scale F-16A from Minicraft/Hasagawa. Its an older kit but seems something I would like to work with. Its missing a canopy which is the only thing missing. The decals are pretty well shot.

My questions are:

- are there any decent aftermarket parts I can get for it i.e cockpit/canopy
- I would like to build this as an Israeli Fighter what do I need to do to make this happen. I really like the colour scheme
- any decent decal sheets out there (Israeli)

I know those are loaded questions but just starting the research on it

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Ray
Kriegshund
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 108 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 02:05 PM UTC
I can only help with two of your questions, http://www.isradecal.com/ makes some nice 1/32 decals. I believe some of the online sellers carry these decals also, such as Great Models Webstore. They also carry accesories, just do a search under 1/32 F-16. Plus, they are having a big sale right now, and seem to have better prices (and better customer service) than Squadron.com. Hope this helps, it would be nice to see a big F-16.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007 - 04:28 PM UTC
Hello Ray,
There are some Israeli stuff for the A' 16 in 1/32, not much. I can't recall all the info at this time, andif I'm remembering right Isreal bought like 70 A's, and were a combination of Block 5, 10, and 15 which most of them stayed in their gray paint. Some were painted in the tans and greens, but for the most, B's/C's had the newer paint scheme and marking that your after.

Here is a great source... Isradecal

Look here

Also Squadron .com is a great source of aftermarket...here

Now I know there is an aftermarket company that makes vacum fourm canopies, I can't recall at this time which on, I'll get back to you...

Joe
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - 05:44 AM UTC
Thanks for the feedback,

I'll do some searching on those sites. I hope there is a green and tan thats the scheme I would like to do.

Cheers

Ray
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 08:35 AM UTC
Ray,
I may have found a conapy for you, I'm waiting on a fellow to email me back. I'll keep in touch...

Joe
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 05:13 AM UTC
Joe,

Thanks very much I appreciate that.

Cheers

Ray
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hi There,

Can you get Isradecals in North America? I really like the set with the Dragon Tail, (right model of F-16A and right paint scheme) also the Verlinden Detail set is that ok for the F-16A? I found out on F-16 net that the F-16A Netz can be built with the kit I have with little or no modification.

http://www.isradecal.com/iaf_56.html

The verlinden set seems to have everything with it that I need

http://www.squadron.com/NoStock.asp?item=VE1921

So now its time to start re-scribing the raised details and at least get this project started.

One other thing (dont meant to be so much of a bug) there are no instructions with this kit, is there anywhere you can get old instructions?

This is going to be a learning project for me I'm primarily a figure modeler and starting to branch out to try my hand at a large scale A/C and everything that comes with it.

Cheers

Ray
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 08:57 AM UTC
Hey Ray,
I'll look around about the decals. As for the Verlinden set...I haven't seen it. But the A and C have two different cockpits. Do you have the link to what you saw. I look to see if I can find the Verlinden set to see whats in there, by the way I have a canopy on the way here, PM me your address and I'll get it out as soon as It's here.

Joe

Oh yeah, post over in the Buy/Sell section for a set of instructions, you'll have a better chance.
Kriegshund
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 132 posts
AeroScale: 108 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 09:31 AM UTC
The decals you are looking for, from Greatmodels:

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=ISD0056
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 09:37 AM UTC
Thanks very much for the help Joe, I sent you a PM with my address anything I can do to return the favour let me know

Cheers

Ray
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2007 - 06:02 AM UTC
Just going through this kit getting ready to do the rescribing and I noticed the cockpit is fairly decent, definitely something to work with.

Cheers

Ray
 _GOTOTOP