_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Not long to go
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 08:01 AM UTC
Entry for the Aeroscale Model of the Month (MOM) for June will be closing soon. See the rules at the top of the page and the June contest thread for a link to the gallery. If you have completed a model this month then get it entered.
This is spnsored by Dragon and we need more entries if we are going to keep this sponsorship.

Mal
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 07:06 PM UTC
Hi Mal

And if anyone need more of a prod to enter - just look at the prize!

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 08:53 PM UTC
Hi Staff

I think this is

(1.) a seasonal problem as the modelling time is more limited in summer .. just see the low vistors action over the last weeks

and (2.) a problem of the strict rules - which I know are justified, but considering (1.) it is very unlikely to have more than a few entries in summer (when I see the weather forecast it might be better over the next few weeks .. at least if your stash is still dry and safe)

just my two cent

best wishes

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 - 10:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

And if anyone need more of a prod to enter - just look at the prize!

Wow! This is a fantastic looking kit, can I participate?

Jean-Luc
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 05:57 AM UTC
It certainly is a fabulous prize to launch the first Dragon sponsored MoM!
Im sure the low amount of entries so far this month is purely seasonal.The site always slows down at this timeof year Ive noticed.
I certainly dont think the rules are overly complicated. Finish the model within the month you enter it,post one photo in the gallery and a maximum of 3 in the contest thread.No dioramas,no base,,its not rocket science
I hope this month will be the start of a long association with Dragon sponsorship.
Nige
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 07:34 AM UTC
We are still seeing models completed in the forums and for campaigns. If they are finished in the month they are elligable.

I'm afraid that I can't agree that the rules are strict, they allow for any model of an aircarft to be entered. You have to understand the background to this, going back a couple of years to understand why the rules are as they are. Suffice to say if Dragon, or anyone else, are sponsoring this there has to be rules. The rules as published are them (until there is a neccesary change, and there have been a couple). Like Nige says they are pretty simple to follow, so if you want a shot at winning the prize get your entries in.

Please, Please, Please, read the rules, ONE picture in the gallery and a maximum of THREE in the contest thread I have, again had to delete half a dozen pictures out of the gallery. More than one is breaking the rules and the owner should be disqualified. I have though left one picture in there, for voting. If this member does this for a third time (yes it's the same member), they will be banned. I don't have the time to delete loads of pics each month. Just read the rules

Mal (Back to being a happy teddy bear)
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 08:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

We are still seeing models completed in the forums and for campaigns. If they are finished in the month they are elligable.

I do not agree on that one .. not for June (and thats what we are talking about, aren't we)

Quoted Text

I'm afraid that I can't agree that the rules are strict,

Sorry if this sounded like a citique, it was not meant that way (this time) as I have agreed the last time we discussed this, that you (Aeroscale) make the rules!

Still for me personally and for my own building speed they are strict and nobody can dictate me what I should think, not even you!

Steffen
camogirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
AeroScale: 622 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 - 09:38 AM UTC
Good news got a kit finished just about to do a comp thread and post in gallery. Would have got it done sooner but ive been suffering sever depression for the last couple of months and its finally taken its toll so its been hard work getting enthused to build but still managed to get one done should be ok by next month (I hope)

With regards to the rules i think they are ok and i agree with lampie, i have entered other photographic competitions (through horse riding) which have far stricter rules and lots more of them.

Like the looks of the prize
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 08:36 AM UTC
Hi again

Wow! This is getting exciting! Just to up the ante... Dragon have confirmed that another kit is likely to ready as a prize for the winner to choose!:

These kits are so hot, it's almost too good to be true! Despite our close contacts with Dragon, we haven't even had a look at Review-samples yet, so the winner will be amongst the first people in the world to get their hands on one of these exciting new releases!

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 10:10 AM UTC
Hi Rowan!

I ask again! Can I participate?

Both kits are superb and definitely on my buy list!

Jean-Luc
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Still for me personally and for my own building speed they are strict and nobody can dictate me what I should think, not even you!

No Steffen, I am not trying to tell you what to think, it is just that it is counter productive to have mambers saying this sort of thing when it is, clearly, their own view. It may put off others who may have entered. If you haven't finished a model or don't want to enter that's fine. What would be better is if we were all to encourage members to have a go

Mal
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 01:59 AM UTC
Sorry Steffen, I didn't mean to bite

Yep it might be a seasonal thing but with the prizes up for grabs I would hope that they would encourage members to get stuck in and finish something

There is still a little time
Mal
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 10:04 AM UTC
I thought the 262 looked nice but that Junkers looks spectacular!
I cant help imagining the pilot turning to the other crew members as they approached the balloons and asking " are you SURE this is going to work?"
Good luck everyone.
Nige
 _GOTOTOP