_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
MH-47E from Italeri
Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 07:53 AM UTC
To cure a tough case of builders block I slapped together a 1/72 Italeri MH-47E along with some Preiser figures. This kit was so fun to build that I bought some other 1/72 helicopters as well for future builders block situations. Sadly I did not do a very good job on this kit (Finished it in 3 nights), but luckily I have Revells MH-47E as well, and it will be treated much better. However, here are some pics

Erik

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 10:02 AM UTC
Looks like you did a pretty good job on it to me. Glad you had fun with it. As a note, the Revell and the Italeri MH-47E kits are the same one. So good luck on it again in the future. Keep us posted on any future helo builds.
Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 10:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

As a note, the Revell and the Italeri MH-47E kits are the same one.

Yup I know, but the decals seems better in the Revell kit. There are a 1/72 Gazelle and a Sea Stallion on the workbench, so yes, there will be more helos here.

Erik
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 02:50 PM UTC
Hey Erik,
Great looking bird, even the color. I have the same kit that I'd like to get at soon, can you tell me anything that I might run it to, and you say you didn't do a good job...what went wrong. What other helo kits did you get.

Joe
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 06:28 PM UTC
Hi Erik

Looks good to me I know what you mean about builders block. Normally my remedy is 1/72 German WWII aircraft

Good job on this one and a nice diorama scene. Looking forward to see more of your builds in the future.
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 08:07 PM UTC
Hejsan Erik!

Nothing wrong with your MH-47, It looks very nice to me!

We all run into this "builders-block" now and then, my "block-buster" is 1/35 Armour and softskins!
You can build almost the entire model before painting, hardly any masking and you can never overdo chipping and weathering!

Cheers!

Stefan E
Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 - 09:52 PM UTC
Thanks guys. The pictures "lies" a bit. It looks worse in real life than on the pics... I messed up the paint job (it is full of dust) and the cockpit area lokks like...

Quoted Text

can you tell me anything that I might run it to, and you say you didn't do a good job...what went wrong. What other helo kits did you get.

Hi Joe. There is not many fit issues with the kit, but I had some. The worst one is fitting the front part of the hull ("cockpit canopy"?). To get a perfect fit it needs more work than I did. The top part of the rear loadin ramp caused me some problems as well so I left it open. Other than that it was pretty straight forward.

Other heli kits... mmmmm...
Hasegawa AH-64 Longbow
Hasegawa UH-60A Blackhawk
Revell MH-53J Pave Low III
Revell Mil Mi-24 D/E Hind
Airfix Gazelle
Bilek CH-53 D Sea Stallion (Italeri rebox?)

What can I say? I guess I have a softspot for choppers in 1/72...

Erik

_GOTOTOP