_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
2nd Chance Campaign
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 09:37 AM UTC
Idea for a new campaign. What if you could go and choose any campaign that has been completed, and still enter it? You would need to follow the rules for that campaign, and would receive the award for that campaign. This is a chance to bring back the best of the previous campaigns, complete a campaign you werenot able to finish in time, or enter a campaign that was over before you discovered the site.

Discussion and comments are welcome as this is just an idea I am throwing out.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 09:45 AM UTC
Hi Carl

I prefer the "get the job done" campaign over at modelgeek. It is not important to follow some rules but just finish a shelfsitter (it would be very hard to track if every entry is done according to the respective rules of several campaigns) .. and yes I already enlisted. (and as I see, you too)

best wishes

Steffen
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 11:10 PM UTC
From what I understand on the get the job done campaign, it is more along the lines of finish a stalled kit, of which thereare a few lurking around in my closet.

What I was putting out here is to actually reopen closed or completed campaigns, not neccesarily restarting old stalled builds, although they could be used. The ideas are close, but not the same. My main concern would be whether or not we would be encroaching on others hard fought campaigns by replaying them.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 06:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Idea for a new campaign. What if you could go and choose any campaign that has been completed, and still enter it? You would need to follow the rules for that campaign, and would receive the award for that campaign. This is a chance to bring back the best of the previous campaigns, complete a campaign you werenot able to finish in time, or enter a campaign that was over before you discovered the site.

Discussion and comments are welcome as this is just an idea I am throwing out.

Hi Carl!

If I have nothing against the idea, I wouldn't want to be the Campaign Leader of such a Group Build because it would be very difficult to manage. Awarding the ribbons would prove very difficult too since all the closed Campaigns would need to be reopened and the Campaign Leaders for each modified. Some of the latter are probably not visiting the site anymore...
Frankly I would prefer new Campaign proposals rather than reactivating old ones. But that's my personal opinion. If more than ten Aeroscale members want to participate to such a Campaign, maybe we could accept your proposal... but don't forget to "officialy" submit the idea vie the Campaign link above!

Jean-Luc
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - 02:53 AM UTC
Just an idea thrown out there to see if there was any interest. I am sure there would be an easy way to get around the minor problems. Just post everything in a 2nd chance campaign thread. As for awards, They are floating around in cyberspace somwhere. It would only be a problem to ensure the right one goes to the right place. As for following the original rules, we could leave that up to the honesty of the modeler.

Yeah, it would be a harder one to monitor. But I'm retired. And I won't be golfing until I replace my second broken driver. The pro said I'm hitting the ball tooooo hard.
 _GOTOTOP