_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Lindberg Goshawk FINISHED!
m_buchler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 137 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 12:55 PM UTC
Finished this extended project today. For thise readers who have missed my previous installments, it includes scratchbuilt parts, resin parts made from my scratched "master" parts, and home made decals.

For the few of you who may have this Lindberg kit in their stash, I have decided to make available for purchase an updater set consisting of resin copies of most of the scratchbuilt parts you have seen in the course of this build. For more information and pricing, please visit my modelling website (click the banner in my signature). Incidentally, this Lindberg Goshawk kit is frequently available on Ebay, usually for cheap.

Thanks for reading along.
Mark

goldstandard
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 208 posts
AeroScale: 186 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 04:01 PM UTC
Congratulations! May all your business ventures be profitable.

Only one thing I noticed though, if you made your own decals, why not make instrument dials as well? It would have improved the cockpit detail even more. Other than that, very good work. I especially like the detailing on the engine, the wires really make it look like the real thing.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 06:41 PM UTC
Hi Mark!

Would it be possible for you to send us a detailed build article of your Goshawk model? I don't know if you noticed but your "Making Resin Parts" article is currently the most read on Aeroscale (see on the left of the feature main page). I can only imagine what success the full build article would have... and the publicity it will make for your detail set!
On a side note, your ModelShack site looks splendid!

Jean-Luc
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
AeroScale: 836 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 10:44 PM UTC
That is a really nice job Mark.
m_buchler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 137 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 14, 2007 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mark!

Would it be possible for you to send us a detailed build article of your Goshawk model? I don't know if you noticed but your "Making Resin Parts" article is currently the most read on Aeroscale (see on the left of the feature main page). I can only imagine what success the full build article would have... and the publicity it will make for your detail set!
On a side note, your ModelShack site looks splendid!

Jean-Luc

Thank you Jean-Luc. I have submitted the article concept to a print magazine, if they reject it, then I would be most honored to submit the article to your fine website.

I did not notice that so many readers have visited my resin casting article! Wow! I'm glad it is useful to others.

Thank you for your kind comments on my website, too.

Regards-
Mark
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 12:50 PM UTC
Greetings sir;

The Lindberg kit never looked so good. It is a great build. I really enjoyed following along with you. Model On!
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 08:50 AM UTC
Looks very good, Mark. It is definently a special build with a lot of colourful markings and colour scheme.

Thanks for sharing
letalo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 6 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 10:39 AM UTC
Nice one. Could be better with a little weathering, such a clean model looks like a toy to me
 _GOTOTOP