_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
1/35 USCG HH-60J??
MH53JGunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 04:14 PM UTC
Been awhile since I've been modeling, and I want to do a kit for a friend who used to be a Coastie. I have some pics of a few HH-60J's from CG Air Station Elizabeth City for reference, but could use more! I remember that Cobra Company made a conversion kit but I can't remember what scale it was in. (Probably OOP anyway.) I'd like to try to convert a 1/35 UH-60. I'm pretty sure I can kitbash what I need, but suggestions would surely help. What really concerns me is decals. I don't think there are any USCG decals PERIOD. If anybody has any ideas...
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 04:54 PM UTC
There are no 60J aftermarket set out in 1/35th, there is a set Cobra Company has out in 1/48th. As for decals Fireball Models makes an excellent set also in 1/48th. Um Cobra Company also makes the open engine exhaust in 1/35th to replace the HIRSS exhaust. I’m in an early stage of converting Academy’ (A)UH-60L into the Coast Guard 60J Hawk. Some of the changes would be the replacement of the rear wheel, pylons, long ranges fuel tanks and the search/weather radar system on nose. I’m also using Italier’s 1/48th SH-60B as reference to the side opening. I can help you with some (many) photos as I have plenty, PM me if interested. My plans are to make the masters and hope someone buys them, and hopefully Fireball makes the decals in 1/35th.

CC 60J

Fireball decals

Joe
MH53JGunner
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2007 - 05:43 PM UTC
They always say to trust your Mother!! Thanks for all the info. That really helped out. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait and dream for the "big" -60J. ReasonI thought USCG was 1, my buddy, and 2, I'm getting into a "bright color" phase, and the CG helos have definitely have color! Hmm, maybe a USN or USAF HH-1N in the white and int'l orange Rescue scheme...

Thanks again Mother.
AaronW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
AeroScale: 42 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 04:12 AM UTC
Well if you want bright colors you are in luck, Fireball has decals for an Arctic Cobra and is doing decals for USN & USMC SAR HH-1's.
 _GOTOTOP