_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
UH-1D for 3 Sqd R.N.Z.A.F
kiwisoldier
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Plymouth, New Zealand
KitMaker: 50 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 - 05:59 PM UTC
Wondering what the best kit would be for the UH-1D in 148 scale for 3 Sqd RNZAF as they have a few things different to everyone else as we are the kings of do it yourself
Also what would the closest tamiya colour be for the Helicopter grey
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 01:06 AM UTC
About the only D model in 1/48 that I know of is the Italeri Italian Carabinieri model. There was an old Esci UH-1D that was excellent, but is currently OOP. No idea on the Tamiya paint color though.

Good luck.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 06:17 AM UTC
As Gino stated that most if not all 1/48th UH-1D's are OOP. That’s not to say you still can't get one. The one's to look out for are from Esci, Italeri, Revell and AMT. The AMT kit is much better, cleaner and better detail./ They still can be found on Ebay from time to time. As for the marking, well I'm sure it not all that had to make yourself on your computer and print at home or take to a local print shop to have them do for you on clear decal paper. As for a color match from Tamiya, well after looking at many on-line photos I concluded, in my own opinion, that is was a cross between Tamiya’s Neutral Grey XF-53 and Tamiya’s Dark Grey XF-24 that seem to be the closest. I’d say play between to two, mix some here a bit here to get a close match. A last resort would be is to get the new Teastors metal model UH-1D, take it apart and redo it in the new color and markings.

Not sure if you shop eBay but here is a link to a few UH-1D’s…

Models

Joe
 _GOTOTOP