_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
Rule change for the MOM
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 07:07 AM UTC
We seem to have a few members that haven't read the rules for the Model of the Month. Pictures have been posted in the gallery of a model which was actually finished a few years ago. It can be seen in the Hyperscale features gallery where the date of publication is clearly shown at the bottom of the page. Not only that but more than one picture has been posted. There is also another "entrant" who has posted more than one picture. This type of thing has happened each month and when I have PM'd the culprit I have had no reply so I have had no recourse but to simply remove the offending pictures. Last month I actually left one picture in the gallery.

It seems that the members that are doing this are not reading the rules and as this is basically breaking the rules it is actually unforgivable. These members are also not posting any pictures in the contest thread which, and forgive my forwardness, suggests to me that these actions are being taken diliberately. This will not be tolerated and I would ask any member who spots this sort of thing to let me know. I only usually go to the gallery to set it up then to start the voting, unless I'm told there is a problem. If you are reading this and are one of the culprits and have honestly posted in the gallery without reading the rules, then fair enough, but please delete your pics and do read the rules, then post something that complies. If they are not deleted then I will have to do it, which takes up time that I don't have w

So, to tighten up the rules, it will be compulsary to include 3 pictures in the contest thread and failure to comply with any of the rules will mean disqualification.

Mal
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 07:49 AM UTC
Mal.
Well done for tightening the rules up.
Its very important now that the contest is sponsored by Dragon that the rules are followed and enforced.
One of the "entrants" breaks almost every rule for MoM.(At least its an aircraft )
Many people on this site put many hours a week into it. I imagine its a hard enough job without having to do extra work thats bought about by people not taking a couple minutes to read the guidelines/rules.
Please read the rules everyone, theyre not complicated
Nige
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 08:22 AM UTC
Thank you Mal. I agree with Nigel 100%. Nothing more to be said there. Rules are set for a reason, to prevent chaos and so everyone has a fair chance. If this kind of thing keeps up, it might lead to the end of the MOM contest. IT CAN BE SO SIMPLE, IT"S UP TO YOU! Wingman out.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 - 06:10 AM UTC
Just an update on the extra pics in the gallery. I PM'd one of the members and I have just got a reply. Naming no names but the member was very appologetic and didn't realise what he had done. English is not his first languge so it would be difficult for him. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, well done to him for replying to my PM and, I guess (I haven't checked yet), for removing the pics. I have told him that I hope that he will have a ligitimate entry in the coming months

I will try PMing the other member, now, to see if I can getr a similar result.

Mal
 _GOTOTOP