_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Academy 1:35 MH-60G Pave Hawk
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, August 03, 2007 - 10:54 PM UTC
I managed to pickup this kit at the LHS that was going out of business on like a 35% discount. Beautiful kit in my opinion, but then I have zero experience with helo's. My main question is, anyone aware of any aftermarket items for this? Looking mostly for cockpit stuff. Instrument panel, and seats mostly. I've seen an exterior detail set, that looks pretty good, but awefully pricey. It was labeled as a conversion set, but not interested in converting, interested in upgrading. I would also be interested in any photo's or anything else I could use for stratchbuilding components. I'm not opposed to the idea of printing guages, and placing them behind a scratchbuilt guage panel, but would need proper photo's. I want to make this thing REALLY nice. Most expensive kit I've ever had.

Only other question I have is, anyone know of any building issues with this bad boy? Fit problems, other problem area's, inaccuracies that are semi-easily rectified without major surgery(or sculpting as I am a horrid sculpter).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Still probably need to print some guages either way. Worst case is I would like to print some guages and then drill out the faces of the kit supplied panel, and place the printed guages behind them. So a good photo for use in printing guages would be great. Or even something I could use to create them from scratch would be acceptable. Just asking for any help basically.

Thanks
Michael
Erik67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
AeroScale: 58 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 01:45 AM UTC
Cobra Company got an update set for your Pave Hawk. When it comes to kit issues I guess Gino will be the right person to ask. I suspect him of being guilty of building a couple of Blackhawks.

Erik
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 04:03 AM UTC
Erik is correct about Cobra Company. Their sets are great. Out of the box, the Academy kits build closer to an A model. At a minimum, you should get the Cobra Co UH-60L correction set. For an L or G model, the step sponsons in front of the wheels, below the pilot's doors, were widened by about 10" to allow for an added roll stabilizer bar. The CC set comes with the wider step sponsons and new intakes with the FOD covers and internal fan front. The square stabilator in the CC set is not really better than the kit one, but is nice too. The gunners side walls are nice too, custom made by yours truely.

For the MH-60G, the CC MH/HH-60G upgrade set is really nice. It comes with all sorts of interior parts to upgrade, including a new instrument panel and console. It comes with the wider step sponson for the left side to be used on an MH/HH--60G with refueling probe too.

For references, check out Aircraft Resource Center (ARC). They have a bunch of pics of HH and MH-60Gs.

I recently finished an HH-60G from Davis-Monthan AFB in OIF 1. It is in a three-color desert scheme similar to DCUs. Check it out here.
Here, here, and here are the build log on it.

I have done a UH-60L and an MH-60L DAP as well. Check them out at my Photobucket account; UH-60L, MH-60L DAP. You can read a blow-by-blow of them here.

Good luck on it and show us some pics when you get going on it.
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 08:54 AM UTC
Not sure when I'm going to start on it. I have several other kits in line in front of it being worked on right now. Plus I need to decide which PE sets if any I'll get and then need to make sure I can afford them. Tight itmes, new runt on the way.

Michael
 _GOTOTOP