_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
The Baron-Funster kit
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 607 posts
AeroScale: 27 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 07:01 AM UTC
I'm not much of a AC builder , but I'm doing this one as a fun build . Its the Revell re-release "Old School " kit . Its a very light hearted build so don't take it too serious . The Hemi engine is dry fitted before paint . I'll try and get it shot in the morning . Thanks for looking , Toad .

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 09:11 AM UTC
The old Revell Funster! One of my favorite comic kits! Back in the early ninties I combined some old Revell 1/28 scale Fok Dr.I kit parts for a bit of fun.

The Phony Pfokker Fir.I, Flown by Oberkellner Max von Rickets, third cousin to the infamous Bloody Baron. Known affectionately as the ‘Flying Blue Carbuncle’ by his fellow members of Jasta 44DD is probably the least famous of all German pilots from this time. His combat record shows 27 aircraft brought down and destroyed. Unfortunately he was flying all of them at the time. During a 1919 Trans - Channel flight he was lost. In 1989 a bottle was found floating in the Indian Ocean saying that he was alive and well in Buenos Aires and awaiting rescue. Submitted with tongue firmly in cheek.

turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, August 05, 2007 - 09:42 AM UTC
I like what you did with the kit . I'm just doing mine OOB , I might add a few wires to the engine . I'll take a few pics later of the finished kit .
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 09:08 AM UTC
You won't believe what I did with the spare parts.
Kitboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 256 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 02:49 AM UTC
You used them for you AMT '32 Ford Hot Rod?

Greetings, Nico
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 04:52 AM UTC
Nico, not even close.
The Phony Pfokker E.V. was touted as the last of the war time Pfokker’s its characteristics were unmistakable. Some of the equipment will be recognizable as many of its innovations are still in use today. Ahead of its time the E.V was misunderstood, but in the hands of a good pilot it would have done well except for the single draw back that all front line example tended to catch fire mysteriously for no apparent reason while in flight. The problem was seemingly rectified when the motor was removed for Carnival Kiddy Car duties.

Kitboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 256 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 05:06 AM UTC
Ach so, es ist ein Fokker Keindecker!

Viele GrüBe, Nico von Thönissen

P.s. nice what you did with the eyes!
turrettoad13
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2007 - 07:07 AM UTC
Well , I got this one wraped up . It's a bit low in the tail but it still looks ok . I had this kit before when I was a kid , I also had the Incredible Flying machine kit as well . I wish they would re-issiue that one too . Thanks and enjoy , Toad .

CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - 07:15 AM UTC
I think I wanted to do this kit since I was about 8 years old. I still haven't gotten it, but it brings back good memories and leaves a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing. Stephen, your scratch built and outsourced extras are great. Ever enter that in a contest?
 _GOTOTOP