Luftwaffe Instructor Pilot
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 06:06 AM UTC
Hi all.
I recently finished the Reheat Luftwaffe Instructor Pilot 120mm, and its been suggested that I post a couple of photos here.
Most of the figures we get to paint are 1:48 for dioramas, for example the excellent IPM RAF set that features in many builds on this site. Most recently Jean-Lucs fabulous dispersal pen diorama.
No matter how good they are, 1:48 figures arent really suitable as a stand alone piece, so aircraft modellers who desire to build and paint a figure have to look to the larger scales of 54mm and 120mm.
I searched the stalls at SMW Telford last year and found this figure. 9 months of on and off work later its finished.
The figure certainly stands out amongst the aircraft in my collection.Now all I have to do is find a 120mm Allied pilot to go with it.
Heres a few photos of the finished figure.

Nige
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 10:31 AM UTC
Hi Nige

Very neat! - although I'm sure Mal won't be at all pleased at the aircraft playing the part of the target in the demonstration!

I particularly like the grubby look of the life-vest. Can you tell us a bit more about the type of paints you used.

All the best

Rowan
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 07:07 PM UTC
Hi Nigel!

Nice one!

Rowan, do you think this could make into a feature? This would be something different...

Nigel, do you have in progress pictures? I would love to see a step by step on how you've painted this figure. Was the display base part of the kit?

Jean-Luc
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2007 - 07:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...Rowan, do you think this could make into a feature? This would be something different...

Hi Jean-Luc

Great minds think alike!

All the best

Rowan
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 - 02:35 AM UTC
Good job Nigel. I can see all the eager young pilots sitting in a circle, hanging on his every word.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 - 07:48 AM UTC
Yes very good Nige, actually very good (surprised ) but I know for a fact that you have placed the model aircraft in the wrong hands of the instructor. Everyone knows that is an impossible scenario

Mal
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2007 - 08:00 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments everyone!
Im very pleased with how its come out.
I'll see what I can do about a feature soon.
Yes Mal,,its the first thing I noticed.Obviously the figure stance is incorrect, as no self respecting Spitfire pilot would allow himself to be bounced in such a fashion by a 190
Nige
 _GOTOTOP