_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
aussie euro tiger
aussiemodeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 - 05:11 PM UTC
just wondering what anyone knows about the aussie euro-tigers? kits and mods needed! not into brail scale for this job!! as a mate of mine is in the army and said he'd like a model of one! and as it happens today is an open day at Robbinson Barracks at 1 AVN! so am going to see if i can score some pics to help us all out!!! cheers!
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 02:17 PM UTC
Revell have just released an updated 1/48 kit of their Tigre - the HAP version I think it is? Apparently this model is closer to Aussie helos than either of Italeri's or Revell's earlier 1/48 kits.

Defence Models in Australia sells an upgrade/correction set for it. There's a LOT of surgery involved in making an externally accurate Tigre. Lots of cutting and sanding in order to make everything fit, but overall it isn't bad. The set doesn't have any ordnance other than the nose cannon, but you can use Hellfire racks from another kit if you've got some spares. The Tiger does carry US M261 19-shot rocket pods, but I'm not sure if they're rated only for the inboard pylons. Outboard all I've seen is an odd 7-shot rocket pod that has faceted sides.

Hawkeye Models of Australia does decals for them as well.

Good luck.

aussiemodeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 09:07 PM UTC
thanks for that! well i did'nt end up makeing it to robbo! but i was at the larrakia officers mess ball last night! and spoke to a 1 avn member and was told to contact PR same goes for my armour needs! all though i am going to post a coment in the genarel area to see if anyone else can work out why fighter pilots from either 75 or 79 sqadron had riding spurs on last night! i know why but want to see who else can work it out! cheers!
aussiemodeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 - 09:17 PM UTC
well till i work out this stupid computer i am stuck to replying to all aeroscale stuff to this post as it seems to be the only way i can post on aeroscale!
MARPAT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 02:39 PM UTC
hey JAson,

I don't know but I saw the helicopters. I live in darwin but my parents work overseas so I am at boarding school in canada. I don't think that they are the HAP version but you could modify them. Best of luck and let us know what's goin on.
MARPAT
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Northern Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 206 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 - 05:35 AM UTC
Hi Guys, The Auzzie Euro Tigers are Tiger ARH. More news later.
 _GOTOTOP