Preview: Revell Avro Lancaster Mk. I/III 1/72
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hi gang

as it is a bit slow recently I dare to post an external link.

We (IPMS Deutschland) got some sprues of the new Lancaster. The tool is not yet finished and some changes in details will take place .. but it looks really good already.

Avro Lancaster Mk. I/III (16 pictures)

For those intersted in that swimming thingies 1/350 Bismarck sprues

Staff please notify me before/when you remove this post, Thanks!

best wishes

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Staff please notify me before/when you remove this post, Thanks!

Hi Steffen

Why on earth would be remove your post? We've frequently stated that we encourage helpful links like this to your site.

All the best - and thanks for posting

Rowan
Murdo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
AeroScale: 211 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:34 AM UTC
Hi Stefan,

When are they going to bring out a 1/48 Lanc???
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 07:39 PM UTC
Hi Rowan and Murdo

@Rowan: I know we had this discussion a few times and I do not expect such actions from your side. But I was flamed several times and this is just a sort of disclaimer I put on this kind of posts.

@Murdo: do not hold your breath. Quarterscale is considered shelfsitters by Revell. They mostly sell to larger department store chains and those have a different clientele.

Aircraft are the top sellers among those the 1/72 kits seem to sell best. then follow the football figures and some other stuff.

But the market is changing and I hope Revell will do one or another model for the 1/48 gang too. ... I have heard rumors, but I will keep silent on those. The Do 217 Nightfighter (probably J) is a project I expect for some years now and I was told it is not too far away, what ever that means....

all the best

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hi Steffen and murdo

The big obstacle for any manufacturer contemplating a 1/48 scale Lancaster is the existence of the Tamiya kit. A new model would be a huge and costly project and, while the Tamiya kit isn't perfect, it is still magnificent despite its age. It would take a lot of beating and a manufacturer would have to do some serious sums about the potential sales vs the investment required.

But, maybe the interest in the Classic Airframes Dornier Do 17 might convince Revell to do their own version to accompany their He 111 and ex-Dragon ju 88? Probably not, but we can but hope!

In the days when Revell/Monogram were turning out the He 111, Bf 110, Ju 52 and Me 410, I really had high hopes for a continuing stream of such high quality models. It would be great would be to see Revell embark on a new 1/48 scale WW2 subject, produce it really well and be rewarded by high sales.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 10:32 PM UTC
Hi Guys

just as a bench mark from last year: they sold 30.000 Transall C-160 in the first month ! .. . I think they will hardly sell 30.000 1/48 Lancs in total ... my hopes are in smaller aircraft that can be produced in a few variants. Furthermore I hope for a few modern subjects, some helos as a new Eurocopter, NH-90, Sea Lynx, an all new Tornado ...

Hopefully not molded in China (the Lanc seems to be Korean) ... AND Revell has to establish a good quality control in Poland (where the injection molding is done), as the crowd there have made some serious mistakes, e.g. with the 1/48 Eurofighter or the 2nd edition of the Atlantique. I think this will be critical for their future.

best wishes

Steffen
 _GOTOTOP