_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Reprint Shep Paine Sheets
white4doc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
AeroScale: 15 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 - 01:36 PM UTC
I bought the Revellogram B-17G kit, its predecessor I built rather poorly over 30 years ago. I didn't do a good job and my little brother tried to see her fly -- out the second floor window. She flew as far as the gound and did not survive the impact. Flash forwar to this morningat the LHS, I go in for two bottles of paint and what do I see? The Flying Fort calling my over, remeinding me that I havr always been a fan of the flying fort (might have something to do with watching Twelve O'Clock High on a weekly basis. Well, I listened to the plane telling me that I could do a great job on it now ... so I left the store thirty seven dollars lighter in my pocket but a grin on my face. Upon opening the box it was exactly as I remembered it. right down to the bomb service cart and the raised panel lines. When I picked up the decal book I found IT a reprint of the original Shepard Paine diorama pamphlet in the box. Talk about memories-- I have resolved not to do a crappy rushed pain job on this one to run play bombing runs over "Berlin" or "Tokyo" this bad boy has a lot of work to be put into her before I pronounce her complete and ready for flight operations. The sobbing you can hear is the other kits who have been waiting their turn to br built then this newcomer moves right to the head of the line and gets a diorama without so much as an audition....
 _GOTOTOP