_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Tamiya 1:48 BF109E3 WIP.
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 104 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 09:42 AM UTC
I don't build too many aircraft, although I'm trying to get into it with certain kits and such(waiting until I get better to do Tamiya's new F16), but I picked this up the other day and so far this is what I have done. Interior shots will come later. I just got a new camera last night that is capable of taking good interior shots. So everyone will have to wait until the canopy is removed. Anyway here is the model so far.

Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 245 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 10:27 PM UTC
Good looking Emil! (one of my most favourite a/c of all times)
Any aftermarket stuff used on this?
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 07:31 PM UTC
Nope, strictly out of the box. The shop didn't have any AM and I didn't want to wait for any. Aside from that, the rest of the large deposit I maed has to be saved. Going to start truck driving pretty soon, and I have to be able to eat for 9 weeks before I get paid. Plus the $$ for my CDL. That should be around 1200 bucks. I can eat pretty slim. Usually. LOL. I would love to get an AM interior for this bird, and do it again. Or another of the Tamiya BF109 kits. Once I start on the road I will probably buy some AM stuff and a kit, and have at it during down time on the road and layovers. Granted in cities with calm weather(NO WIND OR RAIN) I will break out my little R/C Helicopter and start practicing.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 11:58 PM UTC
Hi Michael!

Looks very good so far! Have you already decided on a paintscheme?

Jean-Luc
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 09:42 PM UTC
Following the paintscheme on the box. Was intending to follow specific aircraft but the microsol ate a couple of the decals so I had to kind of improvise my own aircraft. So it has a prototypical paint scheme but to my knowledge not a specific plane, although considering the numbers, I suppose it's possible. This will put a decent looking decent sized 109 on my shelf. Then next time around I can focus on making one with a more accurate color scheme(I used some artistic license in the mixing of my colors). I've gotten alot done, and will try to post some finished pics tomorrow, if I can finish it up. I pretty much just have the gear, and a few details, and a little more weathering to do.

fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 08:03 AM UTC
Well looks like more progress before anyone makes comments. Hopefully next pics will be of the completed kit tonight.

CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 08:48 AM UTC
This looks great. I haven't built a 109-E since I was a little kid. I am really looking forward to the 1/32 Eduard Release. Thanks for the nice build and pics.
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 06:47 PM UTC
It is looking very nice. I have a 109D in my stash and will do the same camo scheme with different markings.

Thanks for sharing
fantacmet
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
Posted: Thursday, September 13, 2007 - 08:51 PM UTC
Thanks for all the compliments guys and maybe gals(trying to be non-sexist here). Just can't find the bottle of paint I mixed up for the bottom of the craft, so I can paint a few other parts, and finish it up. I do have one question though, what color should the landing gear be? The same color as the underside of the aicraft, or should they be white?

Michael
 _GOTOTOP