_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
DML Huey
RayW
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 848 posts
AeroScale: 13 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 02:04 PM UTC
I saw in Tamiya Magazine this month that DML will be releasing a 1/35th scale Huey 1D with crew. Anybody know anything about it?

Cheers

Ray
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Friday, September 07, 2007 - 03:05 PM UTC
Hey Ray,
DML/Dragon has two released Huey kits out. First one is a re-box of the Panda with PE, new decals and figures. The second is the German HEER UH-1H SAR helo also with German Paratroopers figures. Both are great kits. I haven't seen the Greman kit yet, but the US Army one is super, great choice of decals and the PE set is just awesome...I wish that they sell of their PE set as an aftermarket.

Joe
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 01:37 AM UTC
As Joe says, it is a pretty nice kit. Here is a review of it with lots of pics. Here is the Aeroscale News Article on it too.
jimb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,539 posts
AeroScale: 231 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 05:44 AM UTC
I see that Cobra Company makes a couple of resin update kits for the Panda UH-1D (UH-1 Detail/Correction Set, UH-1 Heat Supressor, UH-1D/H Drive Drain Upgrade, & the XM-23 Door Gun Set for UH-1). Are these only for the Panda kit? Are they really needed to make a acurate Vietnam-era UH-1D?

Jim
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 07:19 AM UTC
They will fit the Dragon kit as well, it is the same kit as Panda's. None of them are needed to make an accurate Vietnam-era UH-1D/H. You can make a pretty good one straight from the box using the correct parts and backdating the rotor blades. If you want extra details and add-ons, then get the Cobra Company sets.

To make an accurate Vietnam UH-1D/H model Slick (troop carrier) you would need either the CC M23 mounts, two M23 mounts from the Dragon US Helo Crew set, or to scratch the mounts yourself. All UH-1D/H Slicks, after late '64 or so, had the M23 mounts.
 _GOTOTOP