_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
I need a copy of instructions
ElmerFudd
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 06:01 AM UTC
I was rumaging around the other day and found two helicopter models that I had completely forgotten about. One little problem, I bought em several years ago and have lost the instruction sheets for both kits. One is a Revell SH-2F Seasprite helicopter in 1:48 scale. The other is an MRC UH-1C Huey gunship in 1:35 scale. If anybody happens to have a copy of these and could email them to me I would be grateful. Also how do you take a model apart? Years ago I started on the huey and messed it up pretty good, I'm looking o take it apart and if possible strip the paint and start over.

HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 07:11 AM UTC
Can't help with the decals, but might be able to help with the dissassembly. To strip the paint, spray it liberally with Easy-Off oven cleaner and seal it up in a Zip-Lock baggie or tupperware container. Let it soak overnight and you should be able to wash teh paint off. You may have to scrub it lightly with an old toothbrush to get it all off. The oven cleaner will loosen the glue some as well, but might not totally dissolve it.
Phantom2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 678 posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 09:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was rumaging around the other day and found two helicopter models that I had completely forgotten about. One little problem, I bought em several years ago and have lost the instruction sheets for both kits. One is a Revell SH-2F Seasprite helicopter in 1:48 scale. The other is an MRC UH-1C Huey gunship in 1:35 scale. If anybody happens to have a copy of these and could email them to me I would be grateful. Also how do you take a model apart? Years ago I started on the huey and messed it up pretty good, I'm looking o take it apart and if possible strip the paint and start over.

Hi Josh!

I have the Revell SH-2F Seasprite, and I´ll scan the instructions for you!

Please give me a couple of days and I´ll mail them to you!

Cheers!

Stefan E
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 01:35 PM UTC
Hey Josh,
I have an extra MRC/Academy sheet. There were two kit produced, each with a different weapon set-up. Give me the number from the box and PM me with your address, I'll get it out right away.

Joe
ElmerFudd
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 156 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 01:26 AM UTC
Once again thanks to all. As soon as I get off work I will see what the numbers on the box for the huey are and get it right to you.
 _GOTOTOP