Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Japanese Propeller color
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 01:59 AM UTC
Im doing the Hasegawa Oscar, and oddly enough, the color they call out for the prop is named 'propeller color'. Well tht doesnt help me much. What color should i use?. I use mostly model master paints.

Thanks in advance
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 02:23 AM UTC
IJA / IJN Primer Brown would be used as the prop color [if this is a late version] and is available from Model Master.
Most early versions had a silver prop.

Hope this helps.
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 02:34 AM UTC
Johnny,

We look forward to seeing some pics as you build the kit!

I built the Hase "George" about a year ago and it called for a "tea color" for the prop. I just mixed some colors together until I got close to what I saw in pics. I have also heard the color referred to as "mahogany", not as wood grained, but in color. If you go with a silver prop, I believe the back of the props were painted black.

I think Rob's suggestion would definitely be more time saving and correct if you don't mind buying more paint.

-Derek
MESHER
KitMaker: 22 posts
AeroScale: 21 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 06:18 AM UTC
I would like to know the bottle code of the IJN/IJA Model Master paint you are referring to? I just checked the color list for MM/MM2 and there is no such color, there are only 6 Jap colors available and brown primer is not one of them.
Siderius
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,747 posts
AeroScale: 1,673 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 11:42 AM UTC
Hi there. I use mainly Polly Scale acrylic colors, and they make IJA brown color which you can use for the prop color.
I also use the acrylic line of Model Master paints and they may have a similar color in stock, a red brown or tea color. Check those out. Hope this helps. Russell
 _GOTOTOP