_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
NEWS
New From AZ Models
lampie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
AeroScale: 3,270 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 02:17 AM UTC
New from Czech manufacturer AZ Models comes a 1:48 Morane Saulnier M.S 406 In Africa. Part of a series of M.S 406 releases.
Fans of 1:72 scale biplanes will also be pleased with new offerings from company,which include 2 boxings of the Avro 621 Tutor.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Repainted
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Östergötland, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,058 posts
AeroScale: 1,004 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 03:13 AM UTC
The Swedish Hart family is a nice one. from the profile it´s looking right in my eyes. But still I want them in 48-scale.
Lars Q
PolarBear
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 820 posts
AeroScale: 629 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 04:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But still I want them in 48-scale.
Lars Q

The Swedish Hart family is perfect for me (as soon as I'm getting back UP to the 1/72 scale) and given the nice profiles, I might invest in more than one. I only have the B4 in a resin kit, and the more I think about it, the more I like regular plastic! Now, where is the Hawker Osprey S9?!?

Ps. AZ also releases the Finnish (i.e. Swedish aircraft fighting for Finland) version. Looks right as well!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 09:34 AM UTC
Hi Nige

Cheers for the News - I'll definitely be snapping up an MS. 406!

And I agree with Lars - an injected kit of a Hawker Hart and its derivatives in 1/48 scale is high on my wants-list...

All the best

Rowan
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 08:20 PM UTC
Nice news.

I wanted to build a French Vichy aircraft with those red and yellow identification stripes for some time now. A 1:48 Morane Saulnier M.S 406 In Africa would be a good idea for this.

Thanks for the update, Nige
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 04:16 AM UTC
There was one sample of the Morane in a LHS when I visited today. It was lightly damaged in transit (one vacu canopy crushed, other fuselage half nearly off the sprue, box scuffed) so I'll wait till next week for an intact ones to arrive before purchasing.
At a glance, it looked better than CA's kit (well, kind of, I've built MPM's mörkö-morane, which is CA's 406 with a new nose), but still looking like it was "inspired" by CA's effort. (the shopkeeper said that he'd heard the same).
So speaking from my experiences with the mörkö kit, moulding looked much better (reminds me of eduard), with minimal flash. Surface details were also much more refined than CA's, having rivet detail similar to eduard recent kits (perhaps a bit heavier, but still very nice looking). The finish of the parts was however coarser, but a light sanding will take care of that.
So if this truly is based on the earlier classic airframes, I hope they've fixed the fit issues with the fit of the lower wing to the rear fuselage, and the horizontal stabilizers' hinge lines being angled to the fuselage. And I wouldn't mind the cockpit walls and wheel wells being fixed as well. On CA's kit, you had to grind and sand them almost paper thin to get the wing and fuselage halves to close.
Decals looked awesome, right blue for the swastikas, which were in one piece, another good thing. But the painting guide was poorish, printed to the back of the box, and only showing one side view per decal option. And a PE fret and paint masks aren't a bad thing either.
Of dimensional issues I cannot tell.

Btw, guess who's waiting for a detailed review.
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 08:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Btw, guess who's waiting for a detailed review.

Hi Eetu!

WE are waiting for YOUR review!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP