_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Hansa Brandenburg W29 Finished
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 03:56 PM UTC
After the flooding disaster in my basement recently, I decided to build the kits that I lost the boxes or decals on. This was one of them. It is the Toko kit in 1/72. I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out to be a really nice little kit. I had some minor sanding to do and used very little if any putty. The fuselage was hand painted as I couldn't figure out a way to spray the fuselage since the engine was mounted pretty much on top of the fuselage. Overall though, it came out well. This is only this third WWI subject I have attempted and I am really looking forward to building more of these. Thanks for looking. "Q"

JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 04:32 PM UTC
Greetings Matthew;

Nicely Done Sir! There is a model contest in Denver on Sept 22 (Sat tomorrow) at "Wings Over the Rockies." I won't be able to show but there are some good people there.
TheZOX
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Slovenia
KitMaker: 86 posts
AeroScale: 75 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 03:48 AM UTC
Hi Matthew.
Your hansa brandenburg looks really great.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 04:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There is a model contest in Denver on Sept 22 (Sat tomorrow) at "Wings Over the Rockies." I won't be able to show but there are some good people there.

Thanks for the kudos. I attended for the day. Took home a second place for my efforts with a Spitfire Mk IX in US markings for Operation Torch. Pretty fair showing for an aircraft only contest. Most importantly, all the guys I attended with had a good time and the few vendors there had some excellent deals to be had. Almost didn't have room for everything on the return trip south. "Q"
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 - 07:28 AM UTC
You really did a nice and interesting build on this one. Congrats on the spit also.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 - 02:31 AM UTC
Thanks Carl,
Currently working my way around a Spad S.A 4. Fiddly little thing that it is, but it's coming out quite nicely. Almost time to rig it. Just waiting for my oil paints to dry. Thanks again. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP