_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Gloster Gladiator Update 3
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 04:14 PM UTC
Put the decals on tonight and they gave me quite a fight. They were very, very thin and the letters kept tearing. I pieced'em back together as best I could. As always-critique away:

chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 05:23 PM UTC
Tinny,

Nice job!!!! Who made that kit? I got an Lindberg that I should probably let you build for me!!!!!

Keep it up!

~Chip :-)
WeWillHold
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
AeroScale: 82 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 06:30 PM UTC
Tin:

Fine looking aircraft. Looks like the decals snuggled down and set beautifully.

Is the canopy masked in these pics? Being an armor guy I've always been curious how you aircraft dudes manage to paint so cleanly around the glass without fowling the canopy with paint.

This is well done Tin. Thanks for the pics and the opportunity to comment.

Steve aka WeWillHold
Jeepney
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 06:32 PM UTC
No problem with the decals as far as I can see. You did a good job making them conform to that irregular surface on the fuselage. Now on to the rigging!
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 08:27 PM UTC
lookin' good. Real good in fact. :-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 05:10 AM UTC
:-) Looking good Bryan and the decals look real good. Can't wait to see it finished :-)
Mal
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 05:17 AM UTC
looking very good Bryan. The decals are set nicely. The camo is impressive. Cant wait to see it finished.

Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 06:48 AM UTC
Thanks for all the great comments guys. The decals did snuggle down nice but what you see is without any kind of setting solution. The decals were so thin they settled nice but were subject to tearing easily.

Quoted Text

Nice job!!!! Who made that kit? I got an Lindberg that I should probably let you build for me!!!!!

The kit is made by Roden and was graciously donated by HobbyTerra. I've not heard anything regarding the Lindberg kit but this kit isn't too bad. There are some problems that I'll address in the article I write.

Quoted Text

Is the canopy masked in these pics? Being an armor guy I've always been curious how you aircraft dudes manage to paint so cleanly around the glass without fowling the canopy with paint.

Yes, the canopy is masked in these pics. I mask using 3M blue masking tape which has always worked pretty good for me. It was a little difficult on this kit though because of the small size of the canopy. I think it would have been a good candidate to try liquid mask.

_GOTOTOP