_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Macchi 202 done.
hkshooter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
AeroScale: 72 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 03:35 PM UTC
This is Hasegawa's Macchi 202 in 1/48. Fit is good but I use some putty on the gun cowl trough panel and rescribed the lines.

I've learned some about the plane while I've been working on it. Like the right wing was longer than the left.

Anyway, just a couple of in progress pics to stave off the boredom while I wait for paint to dry.

Thanks for looking.

hkshooter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 78 posts
AeroScale: 72 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 03:36 PM UTC
All done. Kinda fun project really. Mostly OOB but for the addition of Ultracast exhausts.

Paint is MM enamels. Weather, what there is of it is MIG oils and pigments. No big problems with the kit. As mentioned before, the gun trough panel on the nose don't fit very well. The rear of the canopy has a gap in back of it and the fuselage but I don't know is that is right or not.

These are neat aircraft and I might do another sometime, this time using some more AM stuff.

Actually, I'd like to do a line of them. Maybe a 200 and a 205 to join this one.

The rear stabilizers don't fit to well but it's easy to fix with some Mr. surfacer 500. This one was a quicky, not even a week with maybe an hour a night then that many hours again today.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoy.

Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 10:17 PM UTC
Hi HK

It's a beauty! I really like the smoke-rings cama - very nicely done!

The gap at the rear of the canopy is correct, as per the real a/c.

All the best

Rowan
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 11:33 PM UTC
Great job on this one. I really like the smoke ring camouflage. I have this kit in my stash so it is nice to hear that it comes together well.

Thanks for sharing
 _GOTOTOP