_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Some in progress pics of my Ni-17
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 245 posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 10:12 PM UTC
Here're some pics of my Ni-17 that is in progress already for a long time. The problem is that I need Vector's resin LeRhone engine for this one as the engine that comes in the kit doesn't look right to me.

Anyway, here' re the pics. Some of you would notice some changes that I made.

CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 08:36 AM UTC
Most of the engine will be hidden anyway. Looks like you have gotten quite a bit done already.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 09:24 AM UTC
Nice work. On the cowling there is one cut out near the top of each of the front landing gear legs.
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 10:08 PM UTC
Thanx for commenting, colleagues!

Carl, the thing is that the engine is still quite visible on Nieuport 17. I wouldn't go into scrathcbuilding and detailing other parts of the plane, lefting the engine untouched I try to to build the kit that it would stand out from others I've built. So I really need resin engine for this one (Eduard's LeRhone looks wrong and needs modification to sit right (I mean that exhaust pipes face the firewall, not the whole in the cowling).

Stephen, thanx for advice! Frankly speaking, I haven't noticed those ones! Just have checked my references and some photos really show those cut outs on the cowling.
 _GOTOTOP