_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hasegawa Ki-45 Koh 1/48
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 09:55 PM UTC
Hi all

Just in case you have not noticed it yet. Hasegawa is going to release the Nick in 1/48 scale. First issue will be with a Isuzu Fuel Truck (which surely will be issued separately too )

For "full" Tokiyo show coverage see here: http://happy.ap.teacup.com/applet/runchickens/msgcate18/archive

cheers

Steffen
P.S. That should be Ki-45 KAI KOH
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:04 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

Very nice! I'd better hurry up and build the old Nichimo kit that's been in my stash for about 25 years!

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 10:31 PM UTC
Hi Rowan

Well, I passed the Nichimo several times .. . lately because I thought Big T would issue it as kit 100 .. well now it comes from Hasegawa.

I intended to build the Nichimo with full Lone Star goodies .. which was another fact that prevented earlier purchase (AM stuff is not cheap, though Mike West's products seems to be worth the price asked)

Now I have to decide whether I wait for AM products or build the kit OOB .... always those difficult decisions

but lets shoot the bear before parting his skin

best wishes

Steffen
pigsty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
AeroScale: 640 posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 02:28 AM UTC
Beat you! I've already got the Nichimo job AND I've already ordered the Lone Star upgrades (which I hope are on their way) AND, to boot, I've recently received the new Arawasi decals. And since my Ki-45 was from someone else's stash via KitKrazy, I reckon I've got about five more years to build it before I set some kind of record.

The Arawasi stuff is very nice, though. And very cheap.

seán
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 02:43 AM UTC
Hi Sean

well, I am glad I did not buy the Nichimo/Lone Star stuff, because I hope the Hasegawa will be better/equal. ... but we will see

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 06:22 AM UTC
Hi Stephen!

I don't have the Nichimo kit! But guess what? I have the truck in resin from Gaso-Line!

I think I won't buy a resin vehicle kit anymore. Chances are high that Tamiya, Hasegawa or even ICM will produce them in injected plastic anyway...

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 06:32 AM UTC
Hi J-L

buy many Opel Blitz!!!! this is a severe omission in plastic (yet?) ....

I hope "Das Werk" will do a flat bed conversion for the Steyr in 1/48 too or Tamiya will do it themselves (pleeeeeeezzzz)

or maybe a Büssing with crane?

at least i can dream of it ....

cheers

Steffen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 09:35 AM UTC
Hi all

That has always been the story for the kit cottage industry - the majors watch to see what the small fish produce that sells well and... you know the rest.

So, it's thanks to Jean-Luc with (what sometimes seems like) his one-man quest for resin airfield vehicles that we can all share the benefit. - Well, maybe there are a few more Jean-Lucs out there...

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP