Modern aircraft of the United States.
AV-8B Night Attack Aftermarket?
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 08:15 PM UTC
Before I start my Hasegawa AV-8B Night Attack Harrier, I'm looking for aftermarket parts to enhance my kit.

I saw Aire's cockpit set for the AV-8B+. I was wondering if both the Night Attack and B+ share a common cockpit layout?
Here's a direct link: click here

Second, are there available decal sheets that spots a camouflage scheme? My decal sheet seemed to show signs of yellowing anytime now and I want them replaced. Afterall, the default color scheme seemed boring to me

Any other AM set you could recommend me?

Thanks!
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 12:36 PM UTC
Hey Ralph,
Great kit you have, needs some work here and there but over all a great kit. I did one last year.

Quoted Text

I was wondering if both the Night Attack and B+ share a common cockpit layout

"The avionics suite of the Harrier II Plus is very similar to that of the US Marine Corps' Night Attack AV-8B, and is equipped with a forward-looking infrared (FLIR) sensor, night-vision goggles (NVG) and an NVG-compatible cockpit. The image from the FLIR is projected on the wide-field-of-view head-up display or on one of the multi-purpose head-down displays to provide night-time and reduced-visibility capability."

Here's a link that helped me during mine, here

And a better one... here

As for decals, well not sure what your after, so you might want to check Two Bobs Decals or Micro Scale.

Looking forward to seeing your progress posts and photos,
Joe
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 09:20 PM UTC
Hi Joe! Been a while since I've posted in this side of the net. I'm actually working on my B+ right now, and it feels like it needed a bit of additional detailing. It's semi-completed so I can no longer touch it up. Fortunately I have the Night Attack in reserve which I'll be modifying thanks to your help. Dang those works were excellent! Love the build log they've done.

Last question: How did you paint the inside of the intake? I'm struggling to find out how to paint mine.
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 06:46 AM UTC
Painting the intake wasn't to bad, what I did was paint most of the inners before I glued the togather. Then carefuly masked the area off, here's a pic showing what I did.

Joe
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 04:17 PM UTC
Thanks Joe! And nice Harrier you got there.
 _GOTOTOP