News: AZmodels Morane Saulnier M.S. 406 1/48
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 05:43 AM UTC
Hello modellers

I just got an article with some photos of the sprues and stuff of this kit .... surely the staff will shortly post a full review of the kit , so I spare myself the translation ... it does not look bad (hope to get my kit soon ... i also have the Finish version on order)

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/AZ_Models/AZ_MS_406_France/AZ_MS406_France.html

cheers

Steffen
CaptainA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,117 posts
AeroScale: 2,270 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 06:47 AM UTC
It looks like they captured the awkwardly graceful lines of the 406 quite well. But whats up with those ribs on the wings
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hi Carl

That was something I asked myself too ... maybe someone who is more knowledgable than me could shed some light here ... Eetu, J-L?

best wishes

Steffen

Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 08:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That was something I asked myself too ... maybe someone who is more knowledgable than me could shed some light here ... Eetu, J-L?

Yeah, I'm working on an in-box review of the Finnish version. Those raised ribs on the wings are supposed to be there, but according to my reference photos, they're a little too pronounced and could use some sanding down.

I'm hoping to get the review done soon. Long story short, it looks like Classic Airframes' kit updated to the current millennium, packed with goodies like PE, pre-cut masks, but some inaccuracies still left from the old kit.
 _GOTOTOP