_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
AH-6 Build
mattheww
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 113 posts
AeroScale: 37 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 01:05 PM UTC
As part of my AH-6 build I plan to have one of the FFAR pods half loaded with a ground crewman standing somewhere near the aircraft. Can anyone out there tell me how said ground crewman would have been dressed working on the aircraft at the airport at Mogadishu. Any suggestions on available figures would be much appreciated.
USArmy2534
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
AeroScale: 246 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 01:17 PM UTC
Either in thier battle uniform (most had DCUs) or in sand flight overalls.

Jeff
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 06:55 PM UTC
As Jeff said...they would be in either DCU's or the flight suits, however all the pics i've seen of the Somolia missions had them wearing Sand colored ABDU's (Aviation BDU's) not the one peice. They are a two piece version of the flight suit, like BDU's but with more pockets and made with Nomex. The FARP crew would probably be wearing a flight helmet, regular helmet with goggles, or at the very least goggles and ear muffs.

Concernening the seat belt question you posted earlier......At that time its a toss up between the old style with the leather center and the newer rotary style. The blackhawk internal detail set by Eduards has them in it. If nothing else you can look at their instructions online and see how they look in PE.

Im not sure what you are using for references but if you go to
http://www.specialoperations.com/Aviation/Little_Birds/default2.html
they have links to some great shots of the AH and MH-6 primarily the ones for Special Operations.com.
Good luck on your model
-Dan
 _GOTOTOP