Aircraft of Germany in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
FW TA154 day fighter
butchm
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 02:36 PM UTC
Hi There,

I am completing the Dragon TA154, I want to do this one as a V1 dayfighter. I have a few questions:

1.) Was it ever used as a day fighter?
2.) If it was which units was it assigned to?
3.) If it wasn't assigned could anyone suggest a heavy or zestorer fighter unit that I could use as a paint template?

Thank
Butch
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 08:51 PM UTC
Hi and welcome to the forums. I cannot answer your questions in detail, but I have never heard about the TA 154 being used during daylight, but it could have happened although unlikely.

As inspiration for your paint job you could use one of the ME 410 daylight bomber destroyers or a late war paint scheme as on the ME 109K. Examples of both are shown below.

Of course you could also go for a Luft 46 scenario, where it is only your imagination that sets the limits. Check out Luft 46 for inspiration.

Erlawerke
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 34 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 12:21 AM UTC
Hello Butch,
the Ta 154 was never planed as a Dayfighter!!
But he flew for test at the day and had also the Dayfighter Scheme RLM 74/75/76.
Wich one of the V-Variants do you want to build. PLease give me the taktikal letters and I can help you with pics.
butchm
KitMaker: 7 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 09:36 PM UTC
Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for the comments gents.

Last night I was looking at the TA and noted that it probably would not have done very well as a dayfighter. The pilot's vision is so obsured by the engines and he really cant see anything behing or beside him for that matter.

I think this plane would be have been dead meat in daylight.

In anycase, I think I'll do a 76/75 and greens.

Cheers,
Butch
 _GOTOTOP