_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: What If?
For those who like to build hypothetical or alternate history versions of planes.
CF-120A Tigershark
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 10:39 AM UTC
Hey all.....well I have finally finished my "What If" build of a Hasagawa 1/72 F-20 Tigershark.

I painted and decaled it up as if the Canadian Air Force had picked the F-20 Tigershark, over the F/A-18 Hornet 20 years ago.

It is made up to be a CF-120A Tigershark, of the fames 410 Cougar Squadren, currently forward deployed to Greenwood, Nova Scotia as part as heightened security after 9/11, and is currently deployed as part of the coalition forces taking part in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The current airframe #920, has seen her share of action judging by her bomb siloutettes on the left side of the fuselage, and is currently armed with 2 Aim-9M Sidewinders, 2 Aim-7F Sparrows, and 2 GBU-12 LGBs, a little bombing action followed by som air cover for follow on coalition aircraft!!

Take a look and let me know what you think!!

http://groups.msn.com/armorama/viper29caspics.msnw?Page=1
TOMCAT14
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 312 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 07:27 PM UTC

Very nice one TigerShark , Viper - I like category What If? - My F-20 is almost ended - also with some "what if?" improvements . I wish to My F-20(in the end) look's so nice !!! - Great job .

Regards

Absolute Tomcat , 299% Proof !!!
COMCARAIRWING
PIG#35
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 01:25 AM UTC
Scott, that's pretty slick. I really like the way you have it mounted. Can you tell us more about that?
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 01:34 AM UTC
:-) Verrrrrry nice Scott, I also like the way you have mounted it :-)
Mal
HunterCottage
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,717 posts
AeroScale: 139 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 06:40 AM UTC
I like the added touch of the SAM just missing it on one of the pics!!!! #:-)

(of course I'm thinking of the Estes rocket you have leaning against the wall....)

Looks nice!! I've been thinking up a few "what if" things... might never get done, but who knows??? An A-64 Apache in Swedish garb... a JAS-39 Gripen in American low-vision garb.... the list goes on...

Gotta love that F-20!!
GunTruck
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
AeroScale: 103 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 11:24 AM UTC
Looks nice Scott! Perhaps, if you've got Photoshop, you can "fly" that model on a suitable sky background...

Gunnie
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 11:55 AM UTC
Hey guys....thanks for the kind comments....although it won no awards at last weekend's hobby show up here in Canada....it still looks really good on my shelf. I too like the way it looks the way I have it mounted.

Actually it was very easy to do.....the base plate is actually a wooden plaque I bought at the local Kent store, for like $3....would be like Home Depot in the US......just gave it a light sanding to take off the rough edges and then stained it, bought a 3ft section of brass rod from Canadian Tire for like $3,....that would be like.....hmmmm well I guess the US doesn't really have an equivalent to Canadian Tire....its mostly like a big automotive/hardware/sporting goods, and lite home improvement store. Drilled a hole for the rod in the base.....drilled a hole through the burner can and through the back of the F-20....cut the brass rod to fit what I wanted...and cut it off....epoxyed both ends and viola...what you see!!

Have a few other planes I would like to do this with...but I think I would limit it to 1/72 scale....as I think 1/48 would be too much weight...at least for that size of rod....
 _GOTOTOP