_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Defenders of Riga
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
KitMaker: 268 posts
AeroScale: 245 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 09:37 PM UTC
Here's a teaser preview of the movie called "Rigas Sargi" (which is "Defenders of Riga" in English). It's about one of the most important moments in Latvian history when newly formed state defensed its freedom against West Russian Volunteer Army.

It's also most expensive movie made here in Latvia with budget of 4 000 000 Lats (around 8 000 000 $).

Here's a little info about the movie.

Here's some info about the Cineville (small town that was specially built for the above mentioned movie) with some very interesting pics for WW1 enthusiasts:

By the way, the location is opened for visitors - so if you ever visit Latvia, make sure to visit Cineville.
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 10:20 PM UTC
Thanks for posting this! Very Cool!
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2007 - 11:08 PM UTC
Very cool, Arseny. I assume this film will be in Latvian with Russian subtitles. Or maybe with a little luck also with English subtitles?

Interesting to see the city where one live included in a war movie.
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:01 AM UTC
Hi, Jesper!

I think it will feature English subtitles too. Actually I'm more that certain about that.

Btw, here you can find some actual photos from those events.
Roxter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Rigas, Latvia
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 12:15 AM UTC
Jesper, by the way, I've heard that not far from that location of Cineville should be the lake that was used as a base of German naval aircrafts. Not sure which lake that is, but the road from Riga to Ventspils is full with WW1 and WW2 historical places (for example, I've noticed that there's WW1 cemetery not far from Jurmala border).

Also wanted to share, that there's a quite interesting site about the aviation of first independent republic of Latvia >>>

www.LatvianAviation.com/
 _GOTOTOP