Hosted by Rowan Baylis
German V1 Rocket-Tamiya
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 01:04 AM UTC
Im about to do the Tamiya rocket. The box calls out for Tamiya paint AS-9 (dark green like) and the bottom Tamiya AS-5 (licht blau?)

Can anybody futher define what these tamiya colors are?
mj
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,331 posts
AeroScale: 325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 03:56 AM UTC
I'm just finishing up this kit as well, and here's what I came up with. I used RLM76, lichtblau(?) for the underside of it. Then finished off the top with a coat of Dark Green (FS34079), and a light overspray of Dunkelgrun (RLM83, I believe). I wasn't able to match up the Tamiya reference number paints with anything, so what I did was try to duplicate the boxart, and these colors looked pretty close. They are Model Master enamels.

Mike

SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 04:24 PM UTC
Hey MJ,

Some pic of the V1 will be nice....

I kind look forward to see your works.

cheers.
Wraith
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 49 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 05:15 PM UTC
I just tried to match the boxart, too.

I think I used a (Dark?)Gull Grey for the underside (I dunno, the label's torn off), and I added some spots of Military Brown to spice up the green camo a bit (works pretty nicely, actually). I'm not even sure what green I used for the topside, it was probably an Olive Drab, or possibly an unknown green that I got with a Military Brown label. All paints are Model Master Enamels.

Sorry about the vague descriptions, I finished it a year ago, and some paints have run dry since then and been thrown out. Nice kit, though. Simple, but pretty good details and fit.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 08:30 PM UTC
:-) I don't know the axact colours used on the V-1 but RLM76, lichtblau and RLM83, lichtgrun are certainly possible. RLM76 was used on fighters though, bombers used RLM65 which is also possible. RLM83 was used later in the war, as was RLM82, dunkelgrun, these colours were used on fighters. Bombers used RLM70, shwarzegrun and RLM71, dunkelgrun. I would imagine any of these colours are possible as is RLM81, braunviolett, it probably depended on available stocks and the time frame in the war. One other thing, I believe that the veriouse sections of the rocket were manufactured in different locations and brought together at the launch site. The different sections could all be painted differently, or certainly the schemes used might not match up. :-)
Mal
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 12:26 AM UTC
After further investigation it seems RLM76 lichtblau and RLM82 seem to be the most logical for late war missles. I postes a v1 reference page on my site for those interested

[quote] :-) I don't know the axact colours used on the V-1 but RLM76, lichtblau and RLM83, lichtgrun are certainly possible. RLM76 was used on fighters though, bombers used RLM65 which is also possible. RLM83 was used later in the war, as was RLM82, dunkelgrun, these colours were used on fighters. Bombers used RLM70, shwarzegrun and RLM71, dunkelgrun. I would imagine any of these colours are possible as is RLM81, braunviolett, it probably depended on available stocks and the time frame in the war. One other thing, I believe that the veriouse sections of the rocket were manufactured in different locations and brought together at the launch site. The different sections could all be painted differently, or certainly the schemes used might not match up. :-)
Mal m
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2003 - 05:57 AM UTC
Just paint it, Lichtblau on the bottem, and Schwarzgrun, and Dunkelgrun on the top. That would look excellant and would even inspire people to make one just like yours.

~Chip
 _GOTOTOP