Modern aircraft of the United States.
Remove Before Flight Tags
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 04:44 PM UTC
Hey, I just wonder if you fly boy can help a treadhead here, how do you do remove before flight tags? I saw one article in ARC, it's for the RAF. I am doing US Navy, so in this case, any of your kindred soul has any of it already made and on a file, so I can have and just print those babies out?

Thanks.

Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 06:59 PM UTC
verlinden has a remove before flight tags set but print these babies out system is always better :-)
warlock0322
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
AeroScale: 286 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 - 09:43 PM UTC
SS:
you could use a piece of printer paper colored with either a red magic marker or paint the paper with insignia red. Then you could use white paint for letters. Depending on the scale you may not even see the letters at all or represent them with with white dots. If you click the my selected link in my signiture you'll see the flags on the 1/48 A-4 in the gallery. Also just an fyi some of the flags turned orange depending on their age in case you don't have the red.
Hope this helps and can't wait to see the bird when it done..
Paul
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 02:55 AM UTC
Dave, here's a link to Scott Murphy's website where he explains how he does RBF tags. Hope this helps.

http://members.tripod.com/scottsmodels/tips.htm#Remove%20Before%20Flight%20Flags
MTG999
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 - 09:33 AM UTC
could sombody help me?

Im coming to the end of DH Sea venom, and Im putting some "remove before flight tags" on it, can anybody sugest a reference idealy a free one such a web sit that would reference how and where they are placed?

I have also decided to leave th engine bay open and improvised a way of gluing it open with a large bar to support it.

cheers
ViperEnforcer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 204 posts
AeroScale: 202 posts
Posted: Friday, May 20, 2011 - 10:44 AM UTC
Cut and/or fold the upper end of the RBF streamer into arrow head or 45 degree point. Punch or cut a small hole for the cable. Use fine wire to make the cables and superglue to secure them. You can use fine metal rod stock for safety pins.

I also suggest paper as the best RBF streamer medium. Here's an example using paper RBF streamers and the technique I described above.

Mike V
 _GOTOTOP