_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Hasegawa 1:48 corsair 2 a7?
Hightower
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 66 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 11:04 AM UTC
Hello al, saw an older looking kit of the A7 something corsair 2 from hasegawa in 1:48. anyone with knowledge of this kit and their thoughts would be great thinking of getting it and picking up the pe set from eduard too.
cheers and thanks
pigsty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
AeroScale: 640 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 09:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello al, saw an older looking kit of the A7 something corsair 2 from hasegawa in 1:48. anyone with knowledge of this kit and their thoughts would be great thinking of getting it and picking up the pe set from eduard too.
cheers and thanks

I have Revell's boxing of this in the stash and am looking forward to it. It's a cracker. It comes from a brief period in the late 1980s when Japanese companies radically improved their kits and the prices hadn't quite caught up to match.

Can't vouch for the accuracy, but it's got good surface detail and a decent cockpit; it goes together reasonably logically, in the Navy versions it carries some of the best markings from the good old days when everything wasn't mucky grey; and it's - very importantly - The Only Game In Town in this scale. There are only the D (USAF) and E (USN) variants, so if you want one with a TF30 engine and Mk.12 guns you may have to search for conversions.

Small downsides: it's engineered to have lots of dangly bits, like folded wings and open avionics bays down low forward, so there are likely to be slight fit problems if you prefer open wings and closed bays. Also, chuff all in the way of stores - if memory serves, two tanks, two old-model AIM-9s, empty bomb racks, and the FLIR pod (though that is something of a bonus). That's Hasegawa for you. On balance, and especially if you can get it a good price, I'd go for it.
Netz-16A
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 04:15 PM UTC
As Sean said, it's the best A-7 on the market.
If you can get it for under $25.00 then thats a fair deal, I wouldn't pay much more as they can be found on-line for $30.00.

http://www.e-hobbyland.com/haacoii1scpl1.html

HTH curt
Silantra
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Putrajaya, Malaysia
KitMaker: 2,511 posts
AeroScale: 121 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - 04:48 PM UTC
hi there..
i just got the rebox version of the kit. The box is for Colorful CAG Birds...
Basically it's the same with their older kit with new decal sheet to for 2 famous CAG birds with additional painting instruction.
The instruction is from the older kit.
you got one small PE fret that i belived is supplied with the older kit.
Comparing this kit and the other older hasegawa's kit at LHS concluded that it's from the same tooling. IMHo it's a good kit for 1/48 SLUF.
I like to second Mr Sean for the contains of the kit. You got choices to open the electronics bay, and the air brake. Details of the cockpit is basic tough and i already bought Aires cockpit set...
I havent started building yet but test fitting of the major assemblies showed non serious treat
 _GOTOTOP