_GOTOBOTTOM
Air Campaigns
Want to start or join a group build? This is where to start.
Swing-Wing now recruiting!
DutchBird
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
AeroScale: 123 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 07:57 AM UTC
Magnus,

thanks for the kind words. I know I can join... the problem is going to be completing it.... I am now in the process of a massive clean up. Tossing out all but very few incomplete builds, knowing I do not want to finish them... and I am getting overhwlemed in the clutter...

BTW, odds are that it is not going to be a Tomcat, but rather a "Bombcat"... I have a few decalsets (seems I buy the decals first, the plane follows), which gives me options for 5 bombcats, and one Tomcat ....

Regards,

Harm
jam2727
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 171 posts
AeroScale: 113 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:45 PM UTC
wow chuck thats a unique looking kit you have there! i must say the prototype looked ugly but im sure you will make it look beutifull

I love this campaign idea and signed up for it as soon as i fouund out about it magnus.

I am going to build an old 1/72 F-14A from hobbycraft. There is no cockpit detail at all in this kit!!!!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 06:21 PM UTC
I'll come in on this with a F111 all I can remember is that it is an Academy kit in 1/48th, always loved the F111 since watching Aussie F111s igniting jettisoned fuel at air shows. I'll give you the full details of the kit when I dig it out, plus this is a way to get through some of the Wingy thingies that are taking up space in my bedroom and loft.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 10:36 AM UTC
I have dug out the kit at last it's a F111E by Academy in 1/48th kit number 1689(At least I think that's the kit number not the year of manufactur)
AIRGUNNER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 246 posts
AeroScale: 234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 03:08 PM UTC
Hi

I have signed up for this, I am also going to do an F-111, I have the Academy kit, I intend it to be a Vietnam Operation Linebacker aircraft. Just got to get from the loft, and work out why it hasn't got any props. Not built a jet for a long while...
wrenchy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Saskatchewan, Canada
KitMaker: 140 posts
AeroScale: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 05:47 PM UTC
I'm quite interested! If I've made good progress on the other campaign projects I'm doing, I'll be in for a MiG 23BN. I've got a couple of Hobbycraft kits that need some "kitbashing" ! But I think I'll wait a bit before I sign up.
Bigskip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,487 posts
AeroScale: 575 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 08:06 PM UTC
I think this has the makings of another triple build for me (glutton for punishment) - Tomcat, Tornado and Bone - all 144 scale. The kits are waiting in the wings (pun intentional), roll on the first of Sept.

Andy
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,953 posts
AeroScale: 1,902 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 08:05 AM UTC
Hello friends!

This has been a long summer and I haven't been very active around here but that will have to change since Swing Wing 2008 takes off in a few days!

Some of you have already indicated what you plan to build, I checked back through the thread and came up with the following table:

This is what it looks like today, some of you may have changed your minds and I might have missed someone as well. PM me and I'll update the list continously!

The list of aircraft is based on this Wikipedia article. It would be an extra bonus if we could build them all, there are not that many of them!

There is of course still room for more modellers, go here to sign up!

Monday is the day!

Magnus
Blueheeler
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 347 posts
AeroScale: 223 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:29 AM UTC
Glad I just saw this post, so count me in. Just picked up a Airfix Tornado GR4 which I can do.
Spitifly
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 04:10 AM UTC
Hello !
This is My first groupbuild so am a litle nerveous.
I am aiming for a 1:72 Tornado in Italian colours.
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 07:24 AM UTC
Nick: Very welcome to Swing Wing 2008!

Martin: There is really nothing to be nervous for, the risk of getting injured or killed is a lot smaller in an Aeroscale campaign than when driving your car . Good luck with your Tornado and welcome aboard! BTW, is your Tornado an IDS or one of the F.3s they leased while waiting for the Eurofighter?

New table with all the recent updates:

Magnus
Victor
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Louth, Ireland
KitMaker: 32 posts
AeroScale: 24 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 09:56 AM UTC
Evening All,

I think I will throw my hat in to this particular ring.

I have a 1/48 Airfix Tornado GR4 that I will try to do justice to.

Now all I have to do is finish the Mig 15 I'm building and start and complete my Pearl Harbour entry and i'll be with you.

Victor
Spitifly
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 02:36 AM UTC
Hello !
I have just started to look in the box and preparing for a start.
Aperantly my Tornado is a reboxing of an older Italeri modell.
This is according to Italeri an Tornado ECR and i am in for the 50 stormo 155 gr year 1995 at Piacenza version.

The airframe is made in sandwich style with a realy large joint along the sides of the coockpit yipee ! There are other version with a different type of coockpit where this joint hiden but Italeri isnt allways shake and bake.

The first jobb will be to hife this joint. Iam thinking of covering it upp with a sheet of evergreen.

Bye for now
Kind regards Martin
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 03:59 AM UTC
Victor! Welcome to the campaign, now the Tornados are even with the Tomcats. If only someone could turn up with some MiGs now

Participants and models the evening before campaign start (I must admit that I am a bit nervous, I really feel the responsibilities weighing down on my shoulders...):

Martin: Good luck with your Tornado! The easiest way to go in 1/72 is probably Hasegawa but I have seen great results from other kits as well.

Magnus
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 08:03 AM UTC
Since you have put a cross for me doing a Tomcat I take it it's still ok for me to do the one i started for the Tomcat campaign but never finished?
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 09:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Since you have put a cross for me doing a Tomcat I take it it's still ok for me to do the one i started for the Tomcat campaign but never finished?

Nobody else knows that it is started, we keep that secret between us two

It's OK for me and it certainly deserves to get finished!

Magnus
Tomcat31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,828 posts
AeroScale: 1,720 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:01 AM UTC
Doh I've slept since then if its any consolation I only got as far as finishing the Black Box cockpit, and spraying the wheel wells and intakes white. But work will progress further this time
wrenchy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Saskatchewan, Canada
KitMaker: 140 posts
AeroScale: 89 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:20 AM UTC
Ok, I'm in with a MiG-23. That's 5 campaigns.......yikes I almost have one done though. I suppose I should get to work on a kit rather than fiddling about on the computer eh!!???!!
magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 06:19 PM UTC
Allen: Go for the Tomcat!

Ryan: Your MiG (and you as well of course) will be a very welcome addition to the table at the next update!

I have now started an official thread for our campaign!

Magnus
pigsty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
AeroScale: 640 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 09:22 PM UTC
Put me down for a MiG-23MS! (Actually, given the mixed quality of the kit, just put me down, for my own good ...)
 _GOTOTOP