_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Contests
A monthly online photo contest. Show your work!
December 07 MOM contest thread
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 01, 2007 - 03:57 AM UTC
Post your 3 pictures for the December Model of the Month competition Here.

Post your, single, picture for voting purposes here

Rules for the new Model of the Month. Please read before posting

1. Entries must be of your own work.
2. The model must be of an aircraft.
3. The model can be in any scale and in any medium.
4. The model can be “out of the box”, scratch built, or anything in between.
5. The model must be finished within the month for which it is entered. The model could have been started some time before the MOM for which it is entered, it is the month in which it is actually finished that counts. So if it isn't finished this month it may be ready for next month or the month after
6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane.
7. A thread will be opened in the general aircraft forum in which you MUST add up to 3 further pictures and you MAY add details about the build. The model can appear on a base or even in a diorama in this thread. Pictures must not be larger than 700 pixels wide, in either the gallery or the information thread. If you wish to post further pictures then open your own thread.
8. Pictures of models can be placed in the gallery from the first of the month until the penultimate day of the month (the next to last day) (see “5” above). (This is to avoid the time zone difference, I'm working on GMT)
9. Voting will take place over the first half of the next month, closing on the 16th. (This will be between 18.00 and 00.01 GMT)
10. A member winning one month cannot win the following month.
11. Dragon are sponsoring this from June 2007.
12. Staff members of the Kitmaker group of sites cannot enter.
13. The rules will be added to when and if it is deemed necessary.
14. Any none complience with these rules may result in disqualification.
15. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not abiding by them.

Link to MOM gallery area(Choose December 07)

Mal
TheUman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 12:32 PM UTC

Here you go: this is the 1/48 Tamiya Brewster Buffalo, FInished OOTB.
wingman
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 880 posts
AeroScale: 654 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2007 - 04:20 AM UTC
Hi everyone. This is my entry for MOM December. This is Hasegawa's Ju87 D-3 in a winter camo scheme. If you would like to see a somewhat detailed build log, you can go to the Stuka Build in the build forums. Some things I didn't put in the build log are, I cut some thin strips of Aeromaster decal sheet to replicate the interior canopy frames. I also used their Stuka Bombers Pt. 2 decals. I used the photo-etch gunsights from Verlinden's German Aircraft Guns. I removed the kit guns on the wings and replaced them with brass tubing. I boxed in the landing light and inserted a small piece of polished clear sprue for the light, I then used a square section of clear mylar to replicate the glass cover.The snow is baking powder applied over a white glue layer. Thanks for looking, Wingman out.

05Sultan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
AeroScale: 258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 10:26 AM UTC
Here's mine, a 1/32 scale MiG 15 by HobbyCraft(Trumpeter)
"Lord of MiG Alley"

Should have more in my gallery soon.
Cheers!
KGR
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 07:45 PM UTC
Here is my model for the December model of the month 2007. It is a Sukhoi Su-7B from the old East German brand VEB in 1:72 scale. The model depicts an aircraft used by the Iraqui Air force during the Yom Kippur war in 1973. All camo was made free hand with a Badger 360 airbrush and the front numbers were handmade also. A few extra details were added like pastels, metal foil, and metalizer in the rocket pods and combustible tanks.

C.S.
IPMS-San Diego
IPMS-Baja
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 07:25 AM UTC
Hi Carlos,
Can you please change the picture in the voting gallery, see rule 6.

6. 1 picture is to be uploaded into the relevant gallery and titled with what the model is of, I.E. VS Spitfire Mk Vc. No composites. This picture must be of just the model, no base. (For a model posed in the "in Flight" configuration" a small stand is allowed which can be used to either support the model or as a counter weight. A beaching dolly can be used for a float plane.

Sorry but we have to keep this tight.

Mal
Kalt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 222 posts
AeroScale: 219 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 08:55 AM UTC
Hello,

I think that the December MOM needs a bit of fabric and wires. So, here is my 1/48 Morane-Saulnier Type L by Eduard.

I detailed the interior by adding some instruments, wires and a map (actually it's a real WWI air map picture of the Verdun region reduced and printed with my ink jet printer).

The undercarriage and wing struts are provided by Eduard as "flat" etched parts, so I had to "reshape" them with the help of cyanocrilate and sandpaper to get the correct airfoil profile.

The carburetor intakes were made with a hypodermic needle

I used the kit decals for the fuselage and rudder serials but I painted the wing cockades to match the colors of the painted rudder.

The rigging is invisible thread painted black.

I hope you like it!

KGR
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 9 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 07:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Carlos,
Can you please change the picture in the voting gallery, see rule 6.

Sorry but we have to keep this tight.

Mal

Mal:

Change has been done, thanks.

Carlos S.
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 11:24 AM UTC
Ok, I'm in. Here's mine.

Hasegawa 1/48 P-51D, 20th FG markings.

Thanks, "Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 11:27 AM UTC
Can we enter more than one model? I didn't see anything in the "Rules" about it...thanks "Q"
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 03:28 PM UTC
Since I can't seem to get an answer to posting multiple entries, I'm going to post anotther one. Finished this one recently, on 7 Dec I believe. Old 1/72 ESCI kit, kit decals were amazingly good after all these years. OOB with an added antenna wire. Represents the first plane to land on the South Pole. USN R4D-5 "Que Sera-Sera"
Thanks, "Q"

magnusf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 1,953 posts
AeroScale: 1,902 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 12:49 AM UTC
My model of the month December entry: Xtrakit Spitfire XII in 1/72 scale.

Details of the build can be found here. For those of you who prefer a short resume:

* Model is "almost out-of-the-box" with the exception of some cockpit detailing that can't be seen and a set of etched landing gear doors.
* Paint is Xtracrylix and Agama acrylic paints.
* Kit decals were used except for the codes that were painted. I cut masks from tape, using the decals as a pattern, painting the codes using Xtracrylix Sky. This way I avoided a paint matching problem with the fuselage band and the spinner.

On to the photos:

Magnus
klimmer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
AeroScale: 207 posts
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2007 - 09:47 AM UTC
I will enter with my P-38J Putt-Putt-Maru Academy 1/48th.

Built OOB except for PE belts. Paint used was Alclad and MM Aluminum

Good luck to everyone.

Ted
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2007 - 04:05 PM UTC
I have yet another one to enter. Started about a week ago, and 99.99% finished as of tonight. A 1/144 scale Minicraft Warning Star. Arguably one of the sleekest and most graceful looking aircraft to fly the skies. (Without the lumps and bumps of course ) Thanks. "Q"

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2008 - 04:24 AM UTC
Sorry Matt, I hadn't seen your question about multiple entries. You are correct that there is nothing in the rules to prevent it, but 3 entries is a little above and beyond the call of duty

The only issue to think about, when entering more than one, is whether one (or 2) others will dilute the vote for each other.

If you have something else almost completed in one month there is nothing wrong in holding over completion to the following month.

Mal
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Friday, January 04, 2008 - 05:48 AM UTC
Mal, Thanks for the reply. Not a problem. I have been building my tail off here recently. I guess I can hold off on some of them for future contests etc. Thanks again for the info. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP