_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
West German Pinocchio WIP
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 12:48 PM UTC
For those not familiar with the Pinocchio C-47, it was a C-47 modified with an F-104 nose and used to train radar operators on the F-104 radar. There were several that were produced and used by Canada, U.S., and West Germany. Mine depicts a/c 14+10 in West German markings. The kit is based on the Italeri 1/72 offering. It is a conversion set produced by leading edge. A very simple conversion that furnishes the nose, and several smaller lumps and bumps to complete the conversion. Total time on this so far is a whopping two days. I'm hoping to have it complete in the next day or two. The most time comsuming aspect was masking for all of the colors. Thanks for looking, comments welcome. "Q"

drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 09:31 PM UTC
Excellent t opic and a very nice build.

And, I notice a very nice base supporting that model. Where does this come from?
Red4
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,287 posts
AeroScale: 1,164 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 03, 2008 - 11:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I notice a very nice base supporting that model. Where does this come from?

Thanks for the Kudos. The base is from a local hobby shop. Runs about $20 USD and is excellent for detailing the undersides as it is adjustable and extremely stable. Found it indispensible for doing decals too. No more finding the paint bottle that is the right height for working on the bottom. . She is finished and posted here https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/forums/111629&page=1Thanks again for the kind words. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP