_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
IAF COlors
eerie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
AeroScale: 106 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 03:30 AM UTC
I m currently working on my second F-16 an IAF Netz. I m wondering what is the spray color for the IAF khaki green? I know the other 2 are sand and deck tan.
Percheron
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 432 posts
AeroScale: 360 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 - 04:09 AM UTC
Erizemen,

What kit is it? What do the instructions say, just "Khaki Green"?

If that is the case, I built Academy's S-199 in IAF livery and the only company making a real "Khaki Green" is Revell, if you can get Revell paints, you're set, if not, get ready to mix. We don't get Revell here, so I had to mix. A little desert yellow, a little green, a bit of red, a little.......For me I just kept thinking "Khaki Green" and mixed the colors I though would make it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

-Derek
eerie
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,008 posts
AeroScale: 106 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 10:45 AM UTC
Its not gonna be a true netz, cos i m not using my wolf pack resin parts on it, saving them for my Hasegawa F-16. I trying the paint scheme on an Academy F-16C. 1/48th, kit number 1688 this is not the Razorback series.
So the color of the khaki is settled, how about the grey of the nose cone and the bottom of the F-16? Is it as usual? Light Ghost Grey and GUnship grey?
Netz-16A
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 21 posts
AeroScale: 20 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 09, 2008 - 06:59 AM UTC
For the light green, you should use Sky Type "S", that's a good match for the "Khaki" green, I've never really heard it called that.
The under side and radome are as you said.
Curt
 _GOTOTOP