_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
been a while since i posted, but i'm back!
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 - 09:46 PM UTC
the reason being that from the around last october i was really busy at work, and any modelling i did was'nt aircraft, then i had a two week break over xmas and got back to building with a vengeance.........however the next thing to happen in a nutshell was that, about three weeks ago my computer totally flatlined, and was declared dead at the scene by the guy who looks after it for me. thankfully most of the stuff on it (mainly pictures) was backed up, so a week ago i got hold of a second hand computer, got it all going, only to find out that my broadband box had stopped working, possibly in sympathy with the computer . however i'm back on the airwaves with a new modem and while i've been "away" i cracked on with this-

its my pegasus junkers CL1 that ive been piddling with for nearly nine months-ish
CMOT70
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 629 posts
AeroScale: 539 posts
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2008 - 10:09 PM UTC
Welcome back Phil. Looks good so far!

So you'll be ready to do another Gotha soon then?

Andrew

TedMamere
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
AeroScale: 4,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 02:57 AM UTC
Hi Phil!

Happy to hear from you again. the "Baron" is back!

Nice Junker, how did you do that sharp two tone camouflage?

Jean-Luc
almonkey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,124 posts
AeroScale: 788 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 09:09 PM UTC
you can tell its been a while because i've managed to post this in the WW2 section!
andrew- it does look like i'll build my gotha Gv kit after seeing your build (and my Giv is getting lonely)
jean-luc, its been too long! on the question of the camo, on the wings i used my new secret weapon! its called a fiskars (company name) shape cutter. its for making collages and the like, but as soon as i saw it in my local macro store i knew what else it could be used for it simply has a rotating blade, and all you have to do is follow a line and it will cut it out in any direction(however the fusalage camo was done with blu tac sausages, because the frisket film i was using was too low tack to to stay in the corners as it went around the fusalage. one interesting and unexpected thing was that you also are left with a "negative" of your design, very handy for touching up!
 _GOTOTOP