_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Emergency Decal ?? CH46e
CB1000h
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 358 posts
AeroScale: 18 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 04:37 PM UTC
Ok I started the decals for this Acad. CH 46e at about 9:00pm Eastern
When I applied the grip walk way decals along the top of the fuselage It covered most of the medium grey camo
My question is has anyone sucessfully masked decals off without ripping them off I need to add more of the medium grey
they have been dry for about 1hr.
of yeh and anyone need any extra stencils holy Crap lol
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 07:46 PM UTC
Wayne sorry for the late reply. As to your question...most often no. You may get away of ripping off if you clear coat over the decals.

Quoted Text

of yeh and anyone need any extra stencils holy Crap lol

Not sure what your asking, but if you need an extra set of the walkway I have them. I built 4 of the CH46 kits and painted on my walkways.

Joe
AH1Wsnake
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 33 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 - 08:26 PM UTC
Following on what Joe said, I would try two coats of future... really making sure they dry thoroughly (i.e. days). Then slightly de-tac whatever masking tape you will be using to futher lessen pulling up decals. (Although if you're doing a soft edge with a paper mask, you might be able to get away with using a few dots of blu-tac?)

Don't sweat the walkways. I would be more concerned if you were trying to mask over some insignia or other complex decal. If all else fails, do what Joe does and revert to painting the walkways back on. It would be fairly straightforward to mask them.

Andy
CB1000h
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 12:58 PM UTC
Thanks for the reply guys I let it be as is it looks ok I am having other issues with the final product that have me starting it over again (new kit) such as my polys dull coat was bad and dusted the whole project it looks ok but I am a bit unhappy with the final
I am trying to post up but it seams that there is something wrong with the kit maker section and my photos/workbench link anyone else having problems
mother
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
AeroScale: 1,036 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 01:26 PM UTC
Hey Wayne not sure if this will help, andI have built four Sea Knights. If you need help I'd like to help. CH-46 Build

Joe
CB1000h
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 04:42 PM UTC
You actually already did you sent me (2) pms on the painting
The paint job I did cam out well I just didnt take the medium grey out far enough on the mid fuselage and also didnt run it far enough foward then te polys flat I used washed alot out
I used the future as you specified and I did a wash all turned out nice
I am going to do another one just because I really like the chopper
I also have planed one of the Italeri seahawk or the Blackhawk Soa and the Academy CH53
I cant seam to link pics or post them to my photos due to a site glitch they are working on
hank you for all your help I will send pic asap
 _GOTOTOP