_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
February Build Bench Status Report.
MerlinV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 602 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 02:06 PM UTC
Greetings,

Rather than pre-empt our beloved leaders kick off of the Roden 1/32 group build, I thought I would report on progress of all the builds that I have going at the moment and make general reference to my Roden 1/32 build in that context.

Bench Status: Messy.

Roden BE2c 1/48:
Began this in July 2007. You can see a full write up on the Aerodrome.
http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/models/31063-roden-1-48-be2c-progress.html
As you can see, I may have bitten off a little more than I was prepared to chew with the changes and additions that I have felt needed to be made, but in for a penny as they say. I think I can say that I am 90% there on completing this one. But I decided around Newyear that I needed a rest from it.

Karaya Supermarine Seamew 1/72:
Needing a break from the above project (which has pretty much taken all of my modelling time for the last six months), I decided to get stuck into my Between the Wars Campaign build.
This is my first serious go at a full resin kit and so far, seems not to present any problems that previous experience on Limited Run kits cannot overcome.
I have the cockpit nearly ready to close up. But in this scale, every thing is very fragile and much care is being taken to ensure that nothing gets lost or broken.
This build is as close to OOB as I ever get. Lead foil seat belts and some miscelaneous wiring are the only additions I am making on this one.
See campaign thread for photos.

Roden Fokker F1 1/32:
Many thanks to Stephen Lawson for the oportunity to build this kit!
In full accordance with the statutes of the group build, it is being built using only the Roden parts and some additions that will come from the PART of Poland etched set specifically designed for this kit (Ordered through Jadarhobby.pl).
Thus far, the instructions are being followed to the letter so far as build order and assembly.
In typical Roden fashion, the build begins with various subassemblies, which will later be brought together.
Photos will go up on the group build thread when available.

Cheers and thanks for your interest.

Hugh...

Kitboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 256 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 09:02 PM UTC
Bench status: have no real bench (preparing to move; I do some modelling in our living room). Bench status should get much better in our new house.

Roden 1,5 Strutter (two seat fighter) 1/48:
Yep, I got one of those see through versions. Did not run into the problems which may turn up, cause only did some work on the interior so far. I am brainwaving about what to do with those openings in the top wing.

Karaya's Martin F4 Buzzard.
I opened the box and had a very good look at the many many parts. As the DH5 it all looks stunning. Difference compared to the DH5 is that this time the fuselage seams are included as very delicate PE parts. Some of these got broken with mine. Probably gonna do some paintwork of the interior.

Cheers, Nico

P.s. before our son was born I had the idea I won't have any modelling time the first months after his birth. This turned out different, cause so far our son is very easy going. He goes to bed at about 19.00 needs to be fed at 22.30 and sleeps all time in between. I did not have any sleepless night so far!
JackFlash
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 11,669 posts
AeroScale: 11,011 posts
Posted: Monday, February 04, 2008 - 12:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

". . .P.S. before our son was born I had the idea I won't have any modelling time the first months after his birth. This turned out different, cause so far our son is very easy going. He goes to bed at about 19.00 needs to be fed at 22.30 and sleeps all time in between. I did not have any sleepless night so far!

Just wait til he is a teenager. Talk about sleepless nights. . . Just be thankful he wasn't born a girl. My daughter is 13 now. Kid came up to the door the other day wanting to see her. I told him to go away and not come back. He got in his Ferrari and drove off. (Comedian Bill Cosby 1972.)
 _GOTOTOP