_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Cutting Edge F-4E intakes
f1matt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 1,021 posts
AeroScale: 184 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 12:26 PM UTC
Does anyone know where I could find one set of F-4E intakes from Cutting Edge. Meteor Productions seem to have closed their doors and I have been searching the net with no luck. I know there are other intake sets out there but the ones from Cutting Edge appear to be far superior to the competition. Probably why they are hard to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
AeroScale: 111 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 09:13 AM UTC
Sad but true, Matt. Meteor Productions is no more. I'm assuming that also means all the Cutting Edge products are no more, unless they've sold the line off to someone else...

I've had some luck finding Cutting Edge stuff on eBay. As a matter of fact, if you're looking for the 1/32 scale Phantom intakes, there's an auction going on right now.

eBay 1/32 Cutting Edge F-4 intakes

And also for:

eBay 1/48 Cutting Edge F-4 intakes

I'll keep my eyes peeled, since I'm on a search of my own: I just picked up a Monogram 1/48 F-5E Tiger II kit, and was hoping to turn it into a Navy Aggressor, using the Cutting Edge update.

Just my luck.

-YL
f1matt
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 1,021 posts
AeroScale: 184 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 09:50 AM UTC
Wow thanks Yoni. I've been searching high and low for the 1/48 set. I really want to get the Cutting Edge intakes as you just can't get anything better. I'm stunned. Not only did you find the exact product I'm looking for.....but he lives in my hometown. Forget shipping if I win. I'll just drive over and pick it up.

-Matt
Yoni_Lev
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 861 posts
AeroScale: 111 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2008 - 05:49 PM UTC

Good on ya, Matt!

_GOTOTOP