_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Accurate Miniatures is back
m1garand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 08:01 AM UTC
Accurate Miniatures is back! Here's their website:

http://www.accurate-miniatures.com
PorkChop
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 3,179 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 08:18 AM UTC
Coool.
Maybe they'll still get those new Winston Cup cars out... can only build the monogram ones so many times over the last 20 years....

Nate
m1garand
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 08:39 AM UTC
To quote their website:

Quoted Text

On the horizon

Yes, there will be an SB2U Vindicator in 1/48th scale. As this update is written, the molds are 80% complete, waiting for resolution of some past business, which should occur within weeks. We are presently designing box art and decals for this kit. A release date has been kicked around ranging from late third quarter 2003 to late 1st quarter 2004. When we have something concrete, you'll find it here.

The best we can offer on a P-40E in 1/48th is that drawings exist, though no one is really sure of how far along they are. When we have something concrete, you'll find it here.

Test shots for a Il-2m3 Sturmovik in 1/72nd are nearing completion. There will need to be some tweaking at the wing root, but that looks to be all that is necessary to bring that kit up to the standards expected by modelers.We are not going to promise a release date on this kit any time soon, we just want you to know that it exists, and we're working on it.

Developmental work is being done on the B-25 series. Drawings are complete for the Fairfax window in the waist position of the fuselage, and we hope to have those kits out early next year. There will be no more need to modify the Monogram kits for this purpose. New decal packages are being designed for as many as ten different aircraft, which goes a long way to explain the crusty attitude of our Art Director.

Speaking of the B-25, look for a full-build B-25G in stores by summer. Distributors are ordering now, and a firm delivery date will be announced here shortly.

Yes, there will be more cars, as well. Really cool cars.

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 08:46 AM UTC
:-) This is really good news, I think that having made mistakes last time around, they will be in a better position to weather any storm this time :-) No news about their Beaufighters though but we still have the Tamiya ones :-)
Mal
ladymodelbuilder
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,218 posts
AeroScale: 424 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 10:37 AM UTC
This is great !!!!!! Thanks for the link M1....
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 11:04 AM UTC
I just published a news article regarding this news.

Accurate Miniatures, "Making History...Again."

I saw this news while at work but somebody beat me to spilling the beans-m1garand...lol!
propboy44256
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 285 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 12:03 AM UTC
great Im finally get to do those b25's!, Ive only done the Revell/Monogram 1/48 only.. It was agood kit tho
chip250
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,864 posts
AeroScale: 410 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 12:35 AM UTC
I hope that they aren't as expensive as they used to be, but if so who cares!

~Chip
USMC0321
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 76 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 09:57 AM UTC
I am working on and off on one of their Avengers. I noticed that they didn't have them on the new website. Didn't they sell the Avenger molds to Italeri or something?

USMC0321
 _GOTOTOP