_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
C-130 herc in 1/48
lespauljames
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
AeroScale: 369 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 09:33 PM UTC
planning on getting one 'o' these its an italeri model. think its the J variant. ut im prety stumped about the paints i should use. all the ones that have been made that i have seen have been semi gloss(?) im not sure what to use. now it measures Around 60 cm (fuselage) and 84 cm (span) i have only relly worked with matte paints and when i did use gloss it screwed up. there is a old airbas every close to where i live. Rmb chivenor. i have seen a few hercs jump in and out now and again. anyone got any info on what paint schemes any of those may have had. if i get my airbrush working i will steel for a single colour plane, but beacause of the vastness i feel it my need something to fill in the blanks, any suggestions.

much appreciated, james
jhoog59
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 189 posts
AeroScale: 129 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 04:30 AM UTC
I assume your looking to build a british plane. In that case you have two color choices AMC grey (FS36173) Which is the same one the USAF and Italian air force use and a green color that I am not familair with but I think the green is going away.
Hope this helps. Jim
pzcreations
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 02:14 PM UTC
I just saw one of the British Hercs lifting off the airbase here in the US last week. It was painted the dark green. It was REALLY dark green, and glossy. I was on the taxiway when it lifted off, so I ws rather close.. really neat to see over here too.
 _GOTOTOP