Hosted by Rowan Baylis
1/18 B-17F "Memphis Belle" nose area
Karybdis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 03:55 AM UTC
This is MPM's kit that I built on industrial commission. I would like to write a build review article, but I can't sign into the Support area and none of my question tickets there have been answered. Or if they have, I wouldn't know because I can't sign in to see them.

So anyway, I will have a build review up of this kit someday as it's something that is truly needed to warn others. This kit was the most annoying kit I've ever put together in 25 years of modeling and it almost single-handedly drove me from modeling once and for all! It comes out alright, but there is over 250 hours of work in this for something that if engineered better could have been half that.

Because this was an industrial build, there is no super detailing. Frankly, I didn't get paid enough just to build this OOB (I still had to scratch build a bunch of stuff that should have been included), much less add extra stuff to it.

But enough griping. Here are some pics. It's finished in Gunze paints. It was put together with CA, epoxy, and some weird one-off adhesives. Special thanks to my dad for making a beautiful base. More can be seen on my website HERE (scroll down)...

CRS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
AeroScale: 1,168 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 04:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like to write a build review article, but I can't sign into the Support area and none of my question tickets there have been answered. Or if they have, I wouldn't know because I can't sign in to see them.

Dade - The Support Center is no more (technical problems). You can email your Review with Photos directly to me at [email protected] or to another Staff member of your choosing.
Karybdis
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 846 posts
AeroScale: 65 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 01:43 PM UTC
Hi Chuck,
Excellent! Thanks for the help. I'll email my review and photos to you tomorrow. For as much as this kit costs, I definitely want to get the word out to builders as to what to expect when building this monster!
 _GOTOTOP