_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft: Tips & Techniques
Discussions on specific A/C building techniques.
Green Putty
ANDREOU
KitMaker: 12 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 09:46 AM UTC
Can any British modeler please help me. I have a friend,non-modeler who is coming to South Africa and I would like him to bring me a tube of putty that I think is called squadron green putty.
I believe that this stuff is used in the auto trade. Can any modeler please tell me the proper name and if he can get it from an auto supply company as there are no model shops near his place.Thanks ANDREOU.
Grifter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
AeroScale: 55 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 - 11:51 AM UTC
Squadron green putty is made specifically for modeling, So i don' t think that's what you're looking for.
ANDREOU
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 05:03 AM UTC
Thanks the name does sound familiar .I will ask him to get a tube via mail order. I think it might be better than the tamiya putty I am using as it has a habit to dry up in the tube before I am even near the half way mark in the tube.Harry.
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 05:56 AM UTC
Bondo is the Auto trade stuff, and not really something most modelers will use unless they have a LOT of volume they want to fill in.

Squadron green putty is, oddly enough, available through Squadron mail order .

That is a US site though. might be abailable though Hannets or something in the UK if that is where your friend is visiting from.

Where in South Africa are you? I lived in Potchefstroom for a while, working at the uni there.
ANDREOU
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 06:28 AM UTC
Hi Vance thanks for the info.
I hail from the north coast,a place called Empangeni near Richards Bay about 100 miles north of Durban in Natal. The area is called Zululand and our zululand model club has a total of 6 members.
Harry.
vanize
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
AeroScale: 1,163 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Vance thanks for the info.
I hail from the north coast,a place called Empangeni near Richards Bay about 100 miles north of Durban in Natal. The area is called Zululand and our zululand model club has a total of 6 members.
Harry.

I bet it is much nicer than Potch where you are. I love the coastal areas of South Africa!
ANDREOU
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 - 02:02 PM UTC
Yes it is nice and unspoilt and not densely populated-good game viewing.Next time you are here give us a shout.Harry
 _GOTOTOP